PDA

View Full Version : brother printer

space1
18-01-2008, 02:02 PM
We have a Brother HL-1430 printer that refuses to print. The printer the other night printed a job that was requested then 5 minutes later for the next job it refused to print. It printed 2 days later.
The computer is connected by USB cable, the drive has been uninstalled then reinstalled but still refuses to print. I have tried to print using the Parallel cable but still no printing

The diagnostics tool comfirms that there is a very good connection between computer and printer and that there is data going between the printer and the pc

I have turned the printer off and then back on and also restarted the pc but still not printing.:waughh: :confused: :mad:

pctek
18-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it? (As in its driver)

Speedy Gonzales
18-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Did u UNPLUG it before installing the drivers?

Then plug it in a USB port after you rebooted?

rob_on_guitar
19-01-2008, 05:57 AM
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/eu/gb/en/faq/faq/000000/000300/000040/faq000340_000.html?reg=eu&c=gb&lang=en&prod=hl1430_eu&Cat=3

space1
19-01-2008, 10:24 AM
To the person who told me to uninstall and then reinstall the drive please read my posting again. Thats the first thing i did as states in my posting. Don`t give out a stupid suggestion that i have already stated i done.
To the inquiry about the removing of csb cable that i did do and still not any printing after rehoohing back up.

Safari
19-01-2008, 10:55 AM
To the person who told me to uninstall and then reinstall the drive please read my posting again. Thats the first thing i did as states in my posting. Don`t give out a stupid suggestion that i have already stated i done.
To the inquiry about the removing of csb cable that i did do and still not any printing after rehoohing back up.

What have you got to say about this pctek.
Myself - I am speechless.

rob_on_guitar
19-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Yea, pretty ruff. Sounds like another post before...

feersumendjinn
19-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Some people need to learn some manners :groan:
Definitely not the desired approach, after coming here asking for help. Done his dash as far as that goes, I'd say :illogical :)

darroll
19-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I skimmed the reply's, so don't get apoplexy if I’m redundant
Try your printer with another computer..
Thanks, darroll

wainuitech
19-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Some people need to learn some manners
Definitely not the desired approach, after coming here asking for help

Second that - I think an apology is in order, you don't come asking for help then say
Don`t give out a stupid suggestion that i have already stated i done. A simple reply - (if anything is) - " thats already been tried".

Have you checked to make sure there is nothing locked in the print Que ? If there was /is then reinstalling drivers wouldn't help.

beeswax34
19-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Tried the printer with another computer? Could just be the printer's problem.

PS. You really do need to apologize to Pctek. We all are trying to help you know.

space1
23-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks Beeswax34
but so far not a thing out of the printer am trying to get something printed. It printed 1 job fine then 5 minutes later for the next job it completely stopped and hasn`t printed since. When i uninstalled the printer i had removed all the cables and then put back in when i got told to by the driver download.

PS I not going to apologise to pcteck as i said in my original posting that "I had uninstalled the driver and then reinstalled the driver." it was clear he hadn`t read the posting correctly at all. So i have nothing to apologise to him about at all

wratterus
23-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I not going to apologise to pcteck as i said in my original posting that "I had uninstalled the driver and then reinstalled the driver." it was clear he hadn`t read the posting correctly at all. So i have nothing to apologise to him about at all

Firstly 'He' is a Her, and you didn't say that at all, you said...

"The computer is connected by USB cable, the drive has been uninstalled then reinstalled but still refuses to print..."

I would have double checked too, to make sure you knew what you were talking about. Obviously your english isn't the best, but it never hurts to double check the basic things. A bit of politeness gets you a long way around here.

Your lucky anyone is helping you at all.

Firstly check the print cue, as wainuitech suggested. If that doesn't work...

Uninstall the printer software and drivers completley from add/remove programs, then reboot, then put the disk in again (or run the installation if you've downloaded it), and install the software, WAIT until the installation prompts you to insert the printer's USB cable into your PC, then go for it, and see what happens.

Also try it on another PC, as has already been suggested by darroll and beeswax34.

space1
24-01-2008, 04:17 PM
problem solved thanks to drastic action by reinstall my OS. Not some the suggestions that came up

beeswax34
24-01-2008, 04:24 PM
problem solved thanks to drastic action by reinstall my OS. Not some the suggestions that came up

Wow, try getting help after this. We don't guarantee that we will solve your problems and it is FREE. We all try our best.