PDA

View Full Version : Converting MP3

taly
16-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi there!
I have CDs that i suppose are in MP3 format. My PC has Windows media player. It don't play those CDs. I guess I need a converter. Wich one?

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
16-01-2008, 09:40 PM
It should play MP3's and CD's.

Without anything else.

What does it DO when you put a music CD in the cd?

Does the cd appear in WMP?

Only thing you would need are codecs if you were playing DVD's.

What version of WMP is it?

zqwerty
16-01-2008, 10:27 PM
1by1 1.63is a small and versatile audio player for MP3 and dll/plugin supported audio formats like WAV, OGG, MP2 or CD Audio. Without the need for a playlist it plays multiple files from a directory or a whole disk. You can simply start your tracks in an explorer-style file view, load them through the command line (e.g. if associated with file type) or drag them over the window.

The player focuses on easy file handling and enhanced play features. You won't find visual goodies like fullscreen plugins* or skins. But 1by1 has extra features like built in dynamic audio enhancing, track mixing, file searching, Cue sheet and Playlist support. Note: In some cases configuring additional files may be required: for MP3 the mpglib.dll if no system decoder is installed, for other formats plugin files.

1by1 1.63 a very small dowload 105 KB:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/1by1_d4344.html

taly
17-01-2008, 07:53 AM
File image does appear, but PC says it can't locate the file. Could not find WMP version. My CD player/burner does play other formats.

Got 1by1, but could not get the file from Win Explorer into it, not by dragging nor by copying.

taly
17-01-2008, 07:58 AM
My WMP is Series 9

rob_on_guitar
17-01-2008, 07:58 AM
dBpoweramp Music Converter 10 was the last free release from these guys but its way cool to use and still available

taly
20-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi there!
Downloaded dBpoweramp and it told me that the the files I can't play and that has a title 'CD audio track' is actually not audio file.
I wonder if it is possible to find out what it is?

beeswax34
20-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Can you right click on the file(s) in question and then click on Properties and tell us exactly what that window says?

rob_on_guitar
20-01-2008, 04:40 AM
You may have to convert them first. You can do it by single or multiple tracks at once.

SurferJoe46
20-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Hey...this isn't brain surgery.,..and putting different players into the mix isn't the answer...there's gotta be a common cause here.

Do these supposed MP3s play on any other machines?

How/where did you get these cd's?

Who generated them..or created them?

Get some basics running here first and then decide if you want a different player..but WMP9 should work if the disc(s) are indeed readable and not corrupted in some arcane way.

sal
20-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Can you take a screenshot (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/?page=basic) of the what's on the CD in Windows Explorer.
See help on that site if you're unsure how to.

taly
20-01-2008, 05:29 PM
My friend burned it from a CD. Made two sets. One plays on Dick Smith DVD and on PC WinMed Player, but other dont at all.
Tried to convert and get error message that it is not audio file.
In properties shows 2Kb, file cda, but it also sais that original file has 0bites. Looks as the disk is simply empty and only the title was burned.

taly
20-01-2008, 05:40 PM
This is a copy of the Properties dBamp window

Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'F:\Track01.cda' to 'F:\Track01.wma'
Track 1 is not an audio track

Artist
Title
Album
Track
Disc
Genre
Year
Rating
Composer
Size
Original Size 0 bytes
Length
Channels
Sample Rate
Sample Size
Bit Rate
Encoder
Encoder Settings
Audio Quality
Contains
Channel Mapping
File Track01
Type CD Audio Track [.cda]

sal
20-01-2008, 06:13 PM
That's a standard audio disc, they aren't MP3s. It's a couple of versions behind but WMP9 should still play it as an audio disc.

SurferJoe46
20-01-2008, 07:30 PM
My friend burned it from a CD. Made two sets. One plays on Dick Smith DVD and on PC WinMed Player, but other dont at all.
Tried to convert and get error message that it is not audio file.
In properties shows 2Kb, file cda, but it also sais that original file has 0bites. Looks as the disk is simply empty and only the title was burned.

Looks like your buddy makes matching sets of silver coasters too...

My wife has a service for 86..but just in coasters, not plates and cups.