PDA

View Full Version : Is their a problem with the exchange or is it me?

kungfuanthrax255
16-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys

I recently brought my computer last year in September, My operating system is Windows Vista.

Iím just currently having trouble connecting to the Internet, my ADSL modem model is a Dynalink RTA1320. Iíve reset my modem many times as well to its default factory settings and it still not connecting it says something about my DNS server.

Iíve run Virus checks and its came up clean I have a 2nd modem which is exactly the same and tried to use that one both modems the same settings.

So what do you guys think could be happening.

Safari
16-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Are you getting PPP and Ethernet lights on your router.
If you are, check your local area connection properties on Vista and make sure obtain IP and DNS automatically is selected.

If PPP light on Dynalink is not on, you are not connected to your ISP so give them a call.

stu161204
16-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Welcome to PressF1 kungfuanthrax255 :)

Have you tried entering your ISP DNS server info in to your modem/router?

Who’s your ISP?

kungfuanthrax255
16-01-2008, 12:01 PM
The PPP light is dim and all three lights are green.

Orcon is my ISP provider.

On vista the settings for DNS is set to automatic

we tried last night fixing it entering my IP etc still didnt work so i reckon it's go something to do with the local exchange.

stu161204
16-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Have you tried entering your Orcon DNS server info in to your modem/router?

??

Nomad
16-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Did it ever work before?

Ring Orcon and they can step you via your settings.

I had something to do with a Telecom error .. I am with Xnet .. they went via my settings .. and then they contacted Telecom, in 2hours I was back online.

kungfuanthrax255
16-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Yes it did work before up until yesterday when I got home.

My settings are already setup with orcon in terms of my modems connecting.

I called up Orcon they are sending someone out to the exchange i notice at work their were some customers with xtra having difficulty connecting with the internet.