PDA

View Full Version : Goofy Command & Conquer install

Jonom
15-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Having difficulty installing 'Command & Conquer' (on dec-jan dvd). Have been able to unzip and burn to cd, compatibilty set to 95 as instructed.
However when trying to install using install.exe - it goes through initial setup graphic then- 'Unable to locate necessary file please run setup.exe from the cd rom disc'
On exploring disc cannot find setup.exe (havesetup.dll ,(underline)setup, setup)
Tried using autoplay - starts off as if installing then crashes.
Same deal with NOD or GDI. Operating system XP media.
In future, if games are supplied as full & free, how about supplying them that way.
Has anyone else had similar problems (have seen other C&C problems on this forum), or am I special?
Thanks Jono:groan:

djmrman
15-01-2008, 05:42 PM
HI

I installed it on my xp pro machine fine. the only thing I did different was I didn't change compatibility until I went to play the game maybe it's worth a shot.

I can't remember if mine had a setup.exe file have to check when I get home for ya.

Speedy Gonzales
15-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Looks like you have to quit any office programs and kill ctfmon.exe.

In Task Manager

Why i dont know.

As it says here 2nd to last post (http://forums.cncnz.com/viewtopic.php?t=5048&highlight=win)

nzjab06
15-01-2008, 06:11 PM
When you unzipped the three files from the DVD there were two iso files and one word file. The two iso files were a setup.exe file and a install.exe file. Trying using the other iso file that you shouldve burnt onto another disk and that should work. Hope this helps

Greg
15-01-2008, 06:54 PM
I had the same problems - will try the suggestions above.

Jonom
17-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, but alas alack to no avail. Have given up on it.
Cheers Jono