PDA

View Full Version : Only an annoying problem

jboy
15-01-2008, 01:52 PM
XP Home
MS Office Pofessional 2003
Enough of all else even a gig of RAM

I only use Word and Excel and have the same problem in both.
Take Excel: I have nine Books I like to use a lot, perfect so I went to Tools/General put the tick in 'Recently used file list', ran the 'Entries' up to nine (Max) and charged ahead. Fine, so easy just click on File and open a recently used Book. Now here's the rub, then I click on File and the list has vanished and I have to click on Open. Some times I have three or four listed and then they vanish, sometimes I get up to nine in the list which might even last a few days and then they vanish. Annoying, any suggestions other than shoot myself.
John

zqwerty
15-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Do you use ccleaner or such-like, if so there is your answer.

jboy
15-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks ZQWERTY I only had Temp Internet Files and Temp Files ticked but good by CClreaner and I thought it was a neat program.
John

PENTIUM
15-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes!
CCleaner, from a number of download sites carries a trojan nastie, I have had to remove it from several machines.

Speedy Gonzales
15-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes!
CCleaner, from a number of download sites carries a trojan nastie, I have had to remove it from several machines.

Funny you should say that, a mate in IRC , last week, downloaded something that said it was ccleaner.

She sent me a snapshot of this window showing this activation code.

I told her that wasnt ccleaner. And she had no idea HOW she got this file.

She hadnt installed it, this was to install it (when it was asking for the code).

zqwerty
15-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Well I was not meaning that ccleaner is at fault as such I was implying the incorrect usage thereof.

Morgenmuffel
15-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Just take the tick off "windows explorer" in the CCleaner selection window

darroll
15-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Be very careful with downloading programs on the net.
I won’t even click on a net address for a joke, etc.. There are worms out there, you clear one and gain three.
dc

zqwerty
15-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Too paranoid, Major Geeks and plenty of others are fine to download from.

jboy
15-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I love it. I did not intend to start a furor but it is interesting to read your comments. CCleaner seemed to clean out my temp files so well. I was always surprised how many bytes it took out. It’s gone now. I’ll find another way.
Cheers
John