PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player - Not playing content

Ferg
13-01-2008, 08:56 AM
If I open some media content in Windows Media Player, it does not play at all or plays without sound.

Opening the same content in another player, eg winamp, plays it correctly.

It is probably a codec issue ( I say that like I know what I'm talking about....).

What does one download to install the correct codecs into WMP?

Thanks.

wainuitech
13-01-2008, 08:59 AM
The one that most people use is K-Lite (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm), several ones to select from, min to full package. That should make WMP play most things.

Ferg
13-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Downloading......standby for results

wainuitech
13-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Downloading......standby for results Can we sit instead ? - standing is so tiering :lol:

Ferg
13-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Solved!

How are you gonna make any money if you keep doing this for free ?? :2cents:

BTW, just finished drinking the Corona my mate gave me after you solved his last problem :thumbs: Didn't seem quite right, you solved the problem, I get the beer, but..... I'm over it.

wainuitech
13-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Solved!

How are you gonna make any money if you keep doing this for free ?? :2cents:

BTW, just finished drinking the Corona my mate gave me after you solved his last problem :thumbs: Didn't seem quite right, you solved the problem, I get the beer, but..... I'm over it.
:lol: Often thought that as well - But what comes around goes around - meaning , without advertising, if the problems to big to be fixed here, or people need the services of a tech sometimes you get contacted to do a "in person" call.
If people want to help here for free its their choice. - theres a Sh*t load of talent here from various people.

The last bit - you owe me a beer :D :lol:

CYaBro
13-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I found this (http://www.cccp-project.net/) a few months ago and have used it ever since to get media centre PCs playing all types of media files.