PDA

View Full Version : Need help setting up PDQ

Johnnz
11-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi all,
In need of a bit of help. My mother just got the modem Telstraclear sent for PDQ broadband, but the CD they included doesnt work on Vista. Tried installing it with the Vista connection setup but got as far as an "Error 815" something about a connection name.

The PPP light doesnt light on modem either although filter is installed. She has had a phone call from Telecom saying that the connection for Broadband has been made already so not sure what could be wrong here still? She already got the email from PDQ about username and password.

Thanks for any advice. Will ring them tomorrow if I have to but think I may well get as good if not better advice on this awesome forum - always got problems fixed promptly here in the past:thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
11-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Does it use a normal modem/router??

If it does put the isp login info in the router to connect.

I got a cd with this modem/rourter when I brought it. I didnt even need it.

All I had to do, was enter the info Xnet gave me in the router, and it was connected.

wainuitech
11-01-2008, 08:12 PM
If its the Dynalink RTA 1320 Router they supplied. look at This forum (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=66&TopicId=10578) detailed instructions, but any ADSL router would be similar, maybe a different default gateway.

Never trusted those CD's they or Xtra supply yet - fail more than work