PDA

View Full Version : Palit video cards.

jason_f90
11-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Are they any good? They seem to be quite reasonably priced usually around 10%-20% cheaper than Asus, Gigabyte or Leadtek ones.

Sweep
11-01-2008, 06:48 AM
May I remind you that "cheap" and "reliable" do not belong in the same sentence.

Also you get what you pay for.

Why ask this if you already have a video card?

annie
11-01-2008, 07:34 AM
I've got a Palit Geforce 7900GS which I've had for about 9 months, and I'm happy with it, esp. since Ascent sold it discounted (it was a returned item). I don't play first-person shooters though since they give me nausea and vertigo, so can't comment on how those sorts of games perform. It was either that or no card for financial reasons.

BIFF
11-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Are they any good? They seem to be quite reasonably priced usually around 10%-20% cheaper than Asus, Gigabyte or Leadtek ones.

I have bought many of the ATI cards produced by them and they have been fine.
Can't say anything for Nvidia flavours though as Nvidia are so unstable anyway you couldn't even be sure it's it's the cards fault or bad drivers.

wainuitech
11-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I,ve used around a dozen of them on Non Gaming Machines several times.

Gamers usually know exactly what they are after - brands / models etc. Meaning for general day to day use never had a problem with them.

hazza87
11-01-2008, 08:54 AM
I currently have a Palit 7600GT never had any problems with it, plays battlefield 2 fine on high settings & medium resolution i also know of a friend with a palit 8600GT and that also plays battlefield 2 with no issues.

pctek
11-01-2008, 09:06 AM
I have used them before. Also rebranded as Legend.
They're OK-ish, but not especially reliable.

Get a better brand.

jason_f90
11-01-2008, 10:45 AM
May I remind you that "cheap" and "reliable" do not belong in the same sentence.

Also you get what you pay for.

Why ask this if you already have a video card?

Just curious, I saw a Palit card on TradeMe for a good price but opted to get an Asus one instead.

I also see OEM non-branded cards for sale; are they any good?

pctek
11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I ......opted to get an Asus one instead.

Excellent choice. They have a 3 yr warranty.

Battleneter2
11-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Most Palit cards are a standard reference design like most Gigabyte or Asus etc, however they are one of the few company's that current manufacture there own cooler solution for some of there higher end cards. An example is there 8800GT

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1255/

Also have done like there own 8600Gt cooler in the past which is a crap load better than the rubbish reference 8600Gt cooler.

Nothing wrong with there quality at all, "just" NZ warranty could be longer. Makes me laugh how people bag products based on a preconceptions about branding, most video cards are reference design and many cards are made by 3rd party manufactures and re-branded Asus,Gigabyte etc lol.