PDA

View Full Version : JVC GR-D250 not recognize using firewire windows...

prayami
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I just got new PC. My JVC GR-D250 digital video camera was working with windows xp using USB. I tried to connect using firewire but nothing happen on pc side.
How can I know, what is the problem?
Is it require to install any driver for vista? If yes where can i get it?
I never used firewire before. What should happen when i connect the wire
and turn on the camera. I assume it will be same like usb...new hardware found etc. Or driver not recognze etc.
But in my case it is not giving me any messages.

plz guide me, thanks,

Speedy Gonzales
10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Vista probably doesnt have a driver for it.

If USB and firewire works in XP.

In XP (dont know about Vista), it should appear in My computer, or whatever Vista has. Once you connect it and turn it on.

Look in device manager or whatever its called in Vista, once you connect it and switch it on / to video.

Does the cam appear under imaging devices?

CYaBro
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
You need some sort of video editing software to be able to use the camera via firewire.
Don't think the camera will show up anywhere else.
The USB connection you were using would have been only to get photos off the camera?? Or could it do the video as well?

prayami
10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for reply,

When I connect and turn on the camera nothing happen. I have all ready installed Microsoft Movie Maker. I don't have CD came with camera and don't
know how to get driver for vista.
I don't have to test firewire is working or not in my new PC.

Thanks,

Speedy Gonzales
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
If you run Moviemaker then go to file / capture video, does anything appear under available devices??

Did u push the firewire cable right into the firewire port?

prayami
14-03-2008, 06:36 AM
I figured out the problem.
On JVC website it is written that, this camera may not function properly with some of the vista PC using firewire.

I observe that, with my Desktop PC having 6pin firewire and vista, it is not working.
But with my laptop having vista with 4-pin firewire, it is working fine.

This problem may be fixed in the SP1 of the vista.

Thanks,