PDA

View Full Version : mp3 to cd Audio...

07-04-2001, 09:41 PM
Is there a program that I can use to put mp3 on to a CD so that I can listen to it on my stereo >??? Please let me know.....and please tell me where to download it if u know...thx

07-04-2001, 11:13 PM
audioactive mp3 decoder, coverts mp3 to wave . at audioactive.com its a little to simple but it is free.

08-04-2001, 03:28 PM
Will I be able to listen to those wave files on my stereo???

08-04-2001, 07:56 PM
First off, if you do a straight converson from mp3 to cdda (cd audio format) by simply adding the mp3's into the 'create audio cd' option in you CD-R software , ie NERO burning rom or easycd etc. Though doing it this way you will find the sound to be flat and lacking in depth. This is the way beacause of the way the mp3 is encoded. Data compressed audio suffers from two
major problems: loss of high frequency fidelity
and loss of stereo separation and depth.
. Also you will notice mp3s are encoded at a lower bitrate. I believe a cd bitrate is around 440. even encoding at this bitrate though you woould still notice a degration in quality. This is done to lower the file size.

Though saying this there are a few programs around designed to fill in the missing gaps. Ie DFX 'www.fxsound.com' or SpinDoctor part of the easycd pro package.

HOW to use these Produsts
1) either get winamp and dfx for winamp (trial verson from www.fxsound.com) then go in to winamps options > prefences > plugins > output > highlight nullsoft waveout pligin. this means untill you close winamp any song you play with decode to wave (*.wav) with the dfx enhancements. which you then can recode to cd.
2) the second way is to buy easycd 4. Contained in this package is a great program called spin doctor. In here you can clean, morph, blance the audio and alot more. If the sorce ie mp3 is a clean copy, no pops etc things a pretty easy to do. Select options > click on morph the audio > Properties > morphing 1 > and tick concert hall. > then ok, ok. what this does is make the mp3 richer.
This is the one that i do, and at the end of the day the result is pretty dam good.
Ofcouse next you just need to burn the wav files to cd then delete them from the harddrive. you will need about 1 gig of free space.

The Other way around this is to connect your stero up to the PC, Depending on you Sound card this can be done a number of ways. Since Soundcards usually only have 1 oitput for speakers you can purchase adapters to split the output. Have a look at 'http://www.fxsound.com/mp3connector/' To see what im getting at here. You can buy all the parts you need at shops like Dick Smith's if you'll like to build your only adapter.

Hope this helps
Jess