PDA

View Full Version : "Admin has set policies..."

Un1t3dp1aya
06-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Good evening, I'm currently running Windows Vista 64 bit. Ive been tryin to install a new add-on to the media center called "My Movies." Just as it begins to install I get a pop up stating, "The admin has set policies to prevent this installation." I've already disabled the windows installer, and I am the current admin....Does anyone have any feedback?

I also tried installing a demo to HellGate: London, also 64bit, and I recieve the same problem. If anyone has any insight, I would very much apprciate it.

Speedy Gonzales
06-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Try what it says here (http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=733938)

Depending on what version of Vista is installed.

For Ultimate:

If you open the start menu and select run type secpol.msc then OK. A menu will appear. Select local policies then secutrity options.

Scroll down to "user account control" settings of which there are several. Disabling the very first setting is what finally worked for me.

For Home Premium:

1. Run the command prompt as administrator
2. Type net user administrator /activate:yes

Have u scanned for viruses etc lately?? Things like this may also disable admin access

CliveM
06-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Right click the install program and chose "Run as Administrator"

Un1t3dp1aya
07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
The user account control setting is disabled by default...I was able to install Hellgate by running as an admin, but I still see no change when trying to install my movies.