PDA

View Full Version : Lightscribing

emes34
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
OK,i have lightscribe dvd and i've downloaded some software for it from lightscribe.com. all worked fine until i tried to label one dvd disc.when i opened the nero cover designer and made my changes for the label i clicked print lightscribe label as shown in the guide for lightscribing and in the window it showed my dvd with the preview of the disc that is to be labeled,but when i tryed to print a msg appeared "No disc in drive.Please insert a lightscribe disc into the drive." ?!?

my question is must i have special discs for lightscribing or it's just a problem with the software ?

wainuitech
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
yes you must have special Disks for lightscribe. Usually they are gold in Color which is the special coating, and usually cost slightly more than standard CD /DVD's, and have the words Lightscribe on the label.

bevy121
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Has to be a lightscribe disc I think
These ones (http://www.pricespy.co.nz/search.php?q=Lightscribe&sc=Storage+media_21)

bluezone
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Has to be lightscribe cd/dvd's you can get them in a range of colours, I have the DVD gold coloured ones. work good, cost more then normal cd/dvds

emes34
02-01-2008, 10:20 PM
haha then (finger) i have plenty of dvd's and i'm not gonna buy any more soon.i'll have to stick with the same old looking discs :)

mister harbies
08-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Or you trying to label the wrong side of the CD? You need to flip the CD to scribe it. One side for data and the other for your scribed image.