PDA

View Full Version : How To Gently Remove Browser History in Firefox/Google

SurferJoe46
31-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I tried to find the most correct way to remove all the browser histories I have in the Google Search in the Firefox homepage.

There are all sorts of ideas on how to do it...but they all are a little strange...and I didn't want to run the risk of losing my signed forms, addresses or passwords...so I hesitated until I got disgusted and just said I'd do it anyway...damn the torpedoes and all.

Well...I found a really good way to remove them without using any user interfaces or turning on Preferences or Tools or Settings etc....

All I did was right click on the browser to set the "I" beam up and there was a few of some of the first things I ever searched for in Google.

Just when you hover over the first drop-down, and it is highlighted, hit and hold your DELETE key until the list is empty. It's alphabetical...so it may take a while to scroll-delete them all.

It took me over 3 minutes to get them out...but they are now all gone.

I saw things that I Googled over three years ago..going by my eyes!

I also used this to remove wrong/saved screen names and passwords that I hit the "Remember Me" or whatever in the sign-in page of GMail. It worked a charm there too.

Now a good clean out with CCleaner and they should leave a little more space on the HDD...unless they were all at Mozilla or Google or Firefox. I forgot to see if my DSL lights were twinkling when I did it so I don't know if they were stored on that giant server somewhere or were cookies in my system.

Did I mention that they are gone now? Good...I did!

SurferJoe46
01-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Hey! (ker-bump!) I thought this was a good work-around! Huh?

SurferJoe46
01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
OK..you asked for it...I'm gonna bump this until I get at least one good hit!

And MY hits don't count!

Neil McC
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
OK I'll byte :waughh:
If it's what I think you mean,I just right click/clear search history in the google search box. Doesn't that do it? I sincerely hope so!!

Try again.If you mean the main address box you're correct,just tried your method.Thanks.I don't have a home page so can't try that.

SurferJoe46
01-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I was just afraid that the words they use as to WHAT you are about to do, were rather cryptic...so I decided to not do it their way.

I had visions of losing my passwords, e-mail addresses and filled-in form and all...and I didn't want that to happen.

So...I did it MY way.

Neil McC
01-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I was just afraid that the words they use as to WHAT you are about to do, were rather cryptic...so I decided to not do it their way.

I had visions of losing my passwords, e-mail addresses and filled-in form and all...and I didn't want that to happen.

So...I did it MY way.

Yeh, I know the feeling.Usually end up thinking about doing it their way for a while until it slowly sinks in,or pops up again a year later! ;)