PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of in-built Google toolbar in Firefox?

Renmoo
31-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Dear all,
On a second thought, is it even possible to get rid of that bar without doing much hacking? Here's a screenshot (Google bar on right)

Attached file: getrid.JPG (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/getrid.JPG) (13 KB)

(It is Firefox, just that I have modified the interface)

Cheers :)

Renmoo
31-12-2007, 07:56 PM
(Problem solved by getting rid of it via "Customize")

Thanks for clicking and reading :p

wainuitech
31-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Try this - open FF, go to View>toolbars>customize> you will get a box POP up > Left Click the Google Search HOLD down the Left Key and drag it kicking and screaming :lol: to the box - let go.

Edit: beat me while writing lol.

Thanks for clicking and reading You getting paid by the "click";)

Renmoo
31-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks wainuitech for your reply anyway :D

R2x1
31-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I think it is that obscene excrescence above the search box that needs to go. ;)

nzjab06
05-01-2008, 12:10 PM
you can go to C:/Programs/Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins and delete the Google XML document file. this will change your search bar to yahoo! if you don't want any search bar you can delete the entire contents of the folder and you will have no search, but instead a blank, dull search box that cant search anything. Alternatively you can delete all except one file (eg. answers or amazon) depending on your preferences. Hope this is helpful.

Morgenmuffel
05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
you can go to C:/Programs/Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins and delete the Google XML document file. this will change your search bar to yahoo! if you don't want any search bar you can delete the entire contents of the folder and you will have no search, but instead a blank, dull search box that cant search anything. Alternatively you can delete all except one file (eg. answers or amazon) depending on your preferences. Hope this is helpful.

Why not just click on the down arrow next to the G symbol and select manage search engines, you can easily delete/add them from there

nzjab06
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Fair enough

nzjab06
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't think you can get rid of it but you can change it if you want (E>G Re-size, etc) Go to this address and there are a number of small, free, downloadable, add-ons that can help you change the search bar and other profiles. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=remove+search+bar+&status=4
Hope this helps.