PDA

View Full Version : Can't uninstall

Guerilla Surgeon
30-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I posted a question some time ago about civilisation 4, which would not load because "the handle is invalid". No one seems to know what this meant. However there is now a further problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game in the hopes that it would cure the problem. No luck. Someone on a civilisation sites suggested a remedy that required another uninstallation But I cannot now uninstall the program. I keep getting the message "set up EXE has encountered a problem and will now close sorry for any inconvenience". This is more than an inconvenience. I have gigabytes of game on my computer I can't play. I have downloaded a number of proprietary UnInstaller programs, both commercial and shareware. Each time I tried to uninstall I get the same message, no matter what program I use. This is simply beyond my comprehension. My computer is not particularly old, it runs Windows XP.

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Delete all of its folders then use ccleaner / registry / scan for issues, to remove the rest of its entries

Then go to ccleaner / tools / uninstall tab and delete its entry.

Trev
30-12-2007, 03:26 PM
You can try and uninstall from control panel add/remove programs, or try to remove in safemode. To enter safemode hold down the F8 key while booting up computer.
:)

Guerilla Surgeon
30-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks Guys. I'll try them in reverse order when I've calmed down. GS