PDA

View Full Version : D-Link ADSL 2+ router problem

Michael8
29-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I've got a D-Link ADSL 2+ router generation II DSL-502T and every time I turn on my modem it takes about 5 minutes for the ADSL light to turn on and remain on ( as in not blinking anymore). The other lights light up quickly ( the power, ethernet and status) but the ADSL is the only one with a problem. It begins to blink for a while then stops and goes off and then it blinks again for another while and goes off again. After about 5 minutes, it goes on and stays on and that when I can use the internet. Can someone please tell me what is the problem and how can it be fixed? I am currently connected to slingshot.

Thanks
Michael

wainuitech
29-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Sometimes it does take a while for the ADSL to resync from your Modem to the Provider.

Simple solution, - dont turn off the Modem, Only turn off the PC if you want and then when turning on the PC next it will already be running, ready to connect to the internet.

mzee
29-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Slingshot is the problem!!

oldguy
29-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a D-link 502T and it works well, no problem. Supplied by kindly old Telecom/Xtra.

Oldferix
30-12-2007, 08:23 AM
I have used D Link 502 T for a few years without any problems. I NEVER turn it off. After I turn on the computer each day, the D Link 502 T takes about a minute to power up before connecting.

Chilling_Silence
30-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Because its a router, and an external device, as has been mentioned you're best to leave it turned on, even if your Desktop PC has been powered-down for the night. Of course if you were power-concious and going away for a few days / weeks then you could power it down, but yeah... ;)

Myth
30-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Generally my router gets left on 24/7. Have just come back from a weeks holiday and the router had been left on all that time.
Though as said, if you are power-conscientious, do turn it off. However for day to day, I would say the power usage would be minimal (even when being used)