PDA

View Full Version : Headset and Speakers

Cataclysmo
29-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey i know this is a noob question but... How can I talk on ventrillo with my headset and listen to music with my speakers. i have a PC not a laptop. thanks.

Greg
29-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Probably best to give us more info - importantly, what Operating System (eg XP?), what motherboard, what sound card, what headset/mic, and what speakers. Makes and models would be helpful.

wainuitech
29-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Welcome to PressF1 Cataclysmo - should be easy enough - simply have the standard Desktop speakers plugged into the Speaker output on your PC and Not the head set speakers, then have the Mic from the headset plugged into the Mic on the pc.

You may get feed back if the desktop speakers are to loud so be careful.

Greg
29-12-2007, 10:06 AM
should be easy enough - simply have the standard Desktop speakers plugged into the Speaker output on your PC and Not the head set speakers, then have the Mic from the headset plugged into the Mic on the pc.
And here I was thinking it'd have something to do with the jumpers and/or the soundcard connectors on the mobo! :blush:

wainuitech
29-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Well It may or may not be as simple as I put - Went onto the site and found this here
Ventrilo 3.0.0 is the next evolutionary step of Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications If its a VOIP, then you would need to be able to hear what others are saying. ??? Or is it also typing/chat ?:confused:

If you need both the audio from the Voip, AND you desktop speakers playing music you can usually change the outputs on the sound device/card to have more than 1 Out socket. That way the Headset goes in one and the desktop speakers go in the other.