PDA

View Full Version : Vista Install RAID 1 Issues.....

arseynimz
28-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Hi all,

I'm having a frustrating time trying to find a solution for my Vista dual boot install. I have succesfully got XP up and running, but have been unable to get Vista x64 running as the RAID volumes are simply not displaying correctly.

I'm not sure whether I am being finnicky, and whether I should just choose the first drive that references to the volume I intend to use, or whether I should persevere with trying to get Vista to recognise it properly........

Anyway, I have 3 RAID1 volumes - 2 x 74GB Raptor drives, 2 x 320GB Seagate drives, and another 2 x 320GB Seagate drives. These volumes all appear perfectly correctly in XP, but yet the Install for Vista shows the following:

Name Total Size Free Space Type
Disk 0 Partition 1 69.2GB 69.2GB Primary
Disk 0 Unallocated Space 13.0MB 13.0MB
Disk 1 Partition 1 298.1GB 298.0GB Primary
Disk 2 Partition 1 69.2GB 69.2GB Primary
Disk 2 Unallocated Space 13.0MB 13.0MB
Disk 3 Partition 1 298.1GB 291.7GB Primary
Disk 3 Unallocated Space 9.0MB 9.0MB
Disk 4 Partition 1 298.1GB 291.7GB Primary
Disk 4 Unallocated Space 9.0MB 9.0MB
Disk 5 Partition 1 298.1GB 298.0GB Primary

A simple match up shows that Disks 3 & 4 are the existing XP install RAID volume which is working fine. Disks 1 & 5 are what will be the data storage volume, and disks 0 & 2 the proposed Vista install volume.

I have installed all the drivers for the motherboard, but these have not updated or changed the above in any way.

Does anybody have any advice or anywhere they can point me to resolve this!!!!!!!!!????? I have looked on numerous sites, and noone seems to know how to fix it, and those that do post with the issue never seem to come back with the resolution!

Appreciate any help - thanks!

CYaBro
28-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Have yout got the latest RAID drivers on a USB stick or Floppy disc so you can tell Vista to use them instead of the built in Windows drivers?

arseynimz
28-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey CYaBro - when you install the drivers these have to either be from the disc provided by the motherboard manufacturer or get the latest from the website as I did. Thus there are effectively no "built in Windows drivers".

Still no joy as an update some 5 hours later (although I have slept for a few of those hours! ;)