PDA

View Full Version : satellite tv on pc

gum digger
25-12-2007, 06:39 PM
hi just came accross this item called microciellie satellite tv on trademe, at first i was very shocked that people have started to fool public by selling adware in the name of microciellie, but i saw peoples feedback on the sellers page and most of the people have found it good.
any one here got this setup or anything similar?

Agent_24
25-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Sounds like a scam, most likely this software is just a media player with a list of (very likely free) internet TV stations.

All accessable through winamp/windows media player/etc no doubt.

It wouldn't get you freeview or sky, I can guarantee that

Their website (http://www.microciellie.com/) looks equally dodgy

apsattv
25-12-2007, 10:55 PM
We are discussing these in another thread.

But yes they are a huge scam
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=85857

ubergeek85
26-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Not only is it a scam, but the people 'supplying' the software have never heard of a secure website. [edit: link to dodgy website removed]
You can download it all there. Oh, and they tell you how to get free music and movies. With Ares. People like that don't deserve to breathe. One more thing. They recommend that you download the googlepack. Not a bad idea, but following the strange trail of links gives you a page with two links to it, with bad formatting to boot. Looking at the links themselves, it looks like they are earning money off of you downloading it, as the links lead to http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&num=1&ggladgrp=272112624&gglcreat=454207164&client=ca-ref-pub-5852842312951124&adurl=http://pack.google.com/%3Fai%3DB27U8pXlxR_yUNIi4qQOR2LnpAezuhSG8yqSDAsWNt wEAEAEYASD728cFOABQh9qzywRgq9SzhdwooAGWl5z9A7IBHHd 3dy5jbGlja2J1c2luZXNzbmV0d29yay5jb226AQ40Njh4NjBfY XNfcmltZ8gBAtoBM2h0dHA6Ly93d3cuY2xpY2tidXNpbmVzc25 ldHdvcmsuY29tL2dvb2dsZXBhY2suaHRtbOABAoACAcACA6gDA w&ai=BOzYzpXlxR_yUNIi4qQOR2LnpAezuhSG8yqSDAsWNtwEAEA EYASD728cFOABQ_NaBRmCr1LOF3CigAZaXnP0DsgEcd3d3LmNs aWNrYnVzaW5lc3NuZXR3b3JrLmNvbboBDjQ2OHg2MF9hc19yaW 1nyAEC2gEzaHR0cDovL3d3dy5jbGlja2J1c2luZXNzbmV0d29y ay5jb20vZ29vZ2xlcGFjay5odG1s4AECgAIBwAIDqAMDyAMF&nm=11 (do not click). I didn't know google paid for people to download their software, or am I just being a bit insane in the membrane...?

Agent_24
26-12-2007, 11:56 AM
This is hilarious!

They tell you how to pirate software by using 'their' software Ares and Limewire! :lol:

gum digger
26-12-2007, 08:14 PM
haha. i know this person who has bought ares for 29.95 usd. when its free.lol.

Agent_24
27-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Even funnier, I knew someone who did the opposite - used the free version of limewire to pirate the pro version

motorbyclist
27-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Even funnier, I knew someone who did the opposite - used the free version of limewire to pirate the pro version

you'd think that they'd have a way of blocking that or something:lol:

is it even piracy? it's all open licence isn't it?

apsattv
27-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow very interesting, would Jen care to post a summary of what is going on?

Have the Trademe sellers started invading the forum defending their "product"?

MPEG4 STREAMING
27-12-2007, 07:14 PM
you'd think that they'd have a way of blocking that or something:lol:

is it even piracy? it's all open licence isn't it?

I run a commercial MPEG4 streaming service. It's not free but it is legal.

Yes was surprised to see people selling something that is available as a free download of many sites. For a start there are no LEGAL streams of the English Premier League. So yes it's piracy.

I'm sure some of you have heard of the Slinbox or Hava where you only stream what you own privately to yourself and which cannot be shared with others.

TVU Player and many streaming systems like it stream content taken of satellite or cable TV companies and have streams that anybody can watch for free. But they are free downloads so people who are selling this should be banned from the sellers sites.

Firstly they makes claims about software which they didnt write, don't own, and have no right to resell as their own product. Total scam

Jen
27-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Have the Trademe sellers started invading the forum defending their "product"?Vendors are allowed to post in relation to their product being discussed, but there is a big difference between discussing your product and doing a sales job on it instead. :rolleyes:

robbyp
27-12-2007, 07:46 PM

These posts smell spammy to me. There was no need for you to post the link to your website in you profile.

apsattv
27-12-2007, 08:10 PM
He's just stating his background and experience in the matter.

He's not selling anything in here.

apsattv
27-12-2007, 08:18 PM

Yes was surprised to see people selling something that is available as a free download of many sites. For a start there are no LEGAL streams of the English Premier League. So yes it's piracy.

Yes a lot of these software conenct you to some dodgy stream being shared using a p2p setup. Are channel such as discovery or CBS or ESPn offering their channel globally for free over the net ?? NOPE!

Agent_24
27-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm tempted to buy said software so I can do a full review on it and post it here. Could be fun. anyone want to join in?

apsattv
27-12-2007, 11:31 PM
How about PCworld gets a copy? and tells us if its a scam or not?

Agent_24
27-12-2007, 11:38 PM
That was much too easy... Someone needs to upgrade their website security

Well the program does exist, and I have proof: http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Microciellie.bmp

On closer inspection I can confirm that the program does do what it says it does - although I suspect most of them are free and all this program really does is provide a list of them in 1 easy application, which for convenience may be good for some people.... :illogical

apsattv
28-12-2007, 12:33 AM
So its just a frontend to a list of streams? I wonder if they have permision to distribute all the free players that they include?

Copyrighted items and content
You must not sell items or include content which breaches any copyright or other intellectual property rights. This includes replicas and look-alikes. As a seller it is your responsibility to ensure the items you sell and the content of your listing are not in breach of any intellectual property rights.

Agent_24
28-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Basically it's a little visual studio .Net application, that provides a list of streaming video/audio channels which when clicked launch inside the windows media player control which is integrated into the application.

The list of streams is just in a text file in the application folder, and is updated when you click the 'update' button (surprise, surprise)

The 'extras' button opens a separate window with mainly links to (what looks like free) adult video sites, which run a player very similar to youtube. No doubt you don't need the microciellie program to access them, you could find the sites in google.

I question the legality too, but really I don't care either. If idiots want to buy it that's their problem, and if the maker gets into trouble for distrubting channels without permission that's their problem as well.

I will be deleting the software completely from my PC as I have no use for it anyway.

Jen
29-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Gig a Byte and cool guy have the same IP, and are either the same person or just working as a tag team. You posted comments meant to look like independent recommendations about the product when clearly they are not. You have also admitted that you are commercially involved with the product.

This tells me you do not have honest intentions and are not merely posting in relation to your product questions, but you are trying to just promote it.

The fact your product provides illegal access to some premium channels breaks the forum rules.

Both of your accounts are banned.

MPEG4 STREAMING
29-12-2007, 06:21 PM
These posts smell spammy to me. There was no need for you to post the link to your website in you profile.

There's a clear difference to having your business link in your profile than than placing links on the forum.

All I was doing was pointing out the supposedly great software the person was advertizing has illegal streams in it and that secondly it was not even the sellers product. Thirdly you can download it yourself for free.

How do you think those Indian and Arabic channels or you Rugby World Cup from France get to NZ? Some of it can comes thru re-broadcasting from one satellite to another. Some of it comes through commercial Fiber Streams in MPEG4.

I'm not selling anything on this site merely pointing out the difference of what is legal and what can be done.

Let's say a Kiwi living in Asia wants to view SKY NZ, that person can do that buy setting up a device at their home in NZ which will stream his SKY NZ through the internet to themselves. And before you bleat on about promoting my services it's not my service or product.

Streaming services are not new.

mlp
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
hi just came accross this item called microciellie satellite tv on trademe, at first i was very shocked that people have started to fool public by selling adware in the name of microciellie, but i saw peoples feedback on the sellers page and most of the people have found it good.
any one here got this setup or anything similar?

I purchased one of these CDs recently (from gregoria1) and I must say I wasn't very impressed. When I received it it was clearly homemade. I mean the instructions were printed out from a home printer lol! And the CD itself is actually a normal CD-R with some pictures printed over the top. When I asked the seller about this he said that it was homemade to "save on costs" but was still legal because he created this program himself with help from an "American software engineer/friend". The CD was in one of those generic cases that you can buy and the systems requirement was just a printed sticker. The cover of the CD case was again printed out. More importantly most of the channels don't work but the seller quickly explained that it was due to "satellite interference, time differences etc and that updates will add more channels. However this is rather dubious as they still didn't work when I tried them when I should be sleeping :rolleyes: Alas I did some research and found that the "bonus players" page (http://www.microciellie.com/footy/) was almost a mirror copy of http://www.worldtvpc.com/live/ which was a website I Googled and you can access for free. All in all I highly doubt the legality of this and believe that he is simply selling freeware. I hope you have found this review useful ;)

apsattv
01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Trademe terms and conditions clearly state you are not allowed to sell anything on a CDR.

also Tvuplayer when you install it says.

"The TVUPlayer is free software from TVU Networks. If anyone has sold you this software, they did so without our permission; we suggest you demand a refund."

Still the scam continues!

MPEG4 STREAMING
01-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Also from another streaming provider that these sellers package

Nowadays, all the services on SopCast (sopcast.com) are totally free and only for test purpose. Our client (P2P TV Player) and channel list can be copied and distributed freely for anyone. Any portion of these may not be sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by SopCast. Some websites have been found selling the services based on SopCast. Please immediately cease all such infringements.

apsattv
02-01-2008, 12:45 AM
The scam continues look at this one selling Tvuplayer with the title blanked out.. Still no action from Trademe..

What a bargain only $40!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Software/Other/auction-134120139.htm

MPEG4 STREAMING
02-01-2008, 02:48 AM
I More importantly most of the channels don't work but the seller quickly explained that it was due to "satellite interference, time differences etc and that updates will add more channels. ;)

Yeah what a load of rubbish. I get the same satellties they steal some of the content from and they are not out.

Time differences also a load of rubbish the channels are on 24 hours a day. :badpc: :badpc:

apsattv
02-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Big Grin!

Auction Closed 3:47 am, Wed 2 Jan. This auction used auto-extend.
This auction was withdrawn by the seller before the expiry date.