PDA

View Full Version : Aspect Ratio problem in KTC monitor

Jasii
23-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Hi All!
On running a 3 D rendering program on my new 19"Intex monitor (oem KTC) at 1400X900 the aspect ratio gets skewed ie I get a 2" band on either side.
The company has not provided a device driver so I am helpless. On normal window applications I have no problem but the problem only happens in a software that involved rendering eg. "ACad,Maya,In design."

Ps Help.

Rgds,

Jasii

Speedy Gonzales
23-12-2007, 05:55 AM
Monitors dont usually need drivers.

Is the monitor widescreen, and what videocard drivers are installed?

ATI or Nvidia?

It sounds like this program hasnt got a 16:9 option in it, if the monitor is WS.

Jasii
25-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi SG,
Thank you for your reply.
The machine uses an on-board display on an Intel 945 chipset motherboard.
Monitor is wide screen 16:9.
Works fine in all generic programs but in any program that uses 3d rendering I get a 2' band on ither side.

Rgds,

Jasii

Chilling_Silence
25-12-2007, 01:49 AM
You mean Full-screen apps that use Direct3D or OpenGL for example?

If thats the case the applications just need to be configured, and its the fault of the software programmers, not your monitor...

Jasii
25-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Dear All,
Thank you all for your time & A Merry Christmas eve.
I ersonally do not feel this is programmer/software fault as:
1.I attached a 19" viewsonic which came with a cd containing Device drivers and I have no problem.
2. The problem happens not in one software but in any design software in which I try to render an object. eg Autocad/MAYA here I get a 2'band on either side. On manually increasing horz width the image looses its linearity.

Rgds,

Jasii

Jasii
26-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi ALL!
i am still awaiting a response for my querry.

PS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rgds

Jasii
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Friends!
Happy new year to you all though I must say I feel slightly let down by the lack of response to my problem.

PS PS HE..............LP.