PDA

View Full Version : CD-ROM Problem....

kylefaust
21-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I downloaded Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 and I had to burn it to a dvd so that I could install it. I insert the dvd into my cd-rom and the auto-run doesnt work. I clicked 'start' then 'run' and typed "D:\autorun.exe" but nothing happens. then I just tried to run the D: and the install file does nothing for me. I inserted the same DVD into a friend's laptop and it worked fine. Is there something wrong with my cd-rom or is there an setting somewhere that I need to edit? PLEASE HELP!

Speedy Gonzales
21-12-2007, 04:12 PM
If this is the full version you downloaded, was it from a legit site??

Did you buy it?

And since its a DVD, do you have a DVD, not a normal cd??

kylefaust
21-12-2007, 04:14 PM
well it was from a torrent site. so technically, no its not 'legit' but it should work because it worked on another computer. Its just not working on mine. With that being said, it seems like it could be a hardware problem. can you help me?

wratterus
21-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Forum rules -

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=81855

Take special note of number 5.

kylefaust
21-12-2007, 04:24 PM
dont be a dick, this problem does not specifically refer to the software, but my cd-rom... so this technically doesnt have anything to do with the software itself, even though that it is pirated

Speedy Gonzales
21-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I doubt anyone is going to help you if its pirated.

Jen
21-12-2007, 04:35 PM
dont be a dick, this problem does not specifically refer to the software, but my cd-rom... so this technically doesnt have anything to do with the software itself, even though that it is piratedPressF1 does not support piracy or the use of pirated software. This thread is now closed.