PDA

View Full Version : Menus reappearing after being deleted

Mike Charteris
19-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi All,

I have an interesting problem - when I am deleting items from my start menu - all programs, they are reappearing. I have not checked to see if it is on the next logon, or reboot.

I am also getting my recycle bin icon showing as having files in it but if I open the recycle bin, there is nothing in there. When I click on empty the recycle bin it asks if I want to permanently delete 28 items. I will click yes, and then the next day the same will occur - even the same number of files.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Mike.

Speedy Gonzales
19-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Is Symantec / Norton Systemworks or something installed??

Whatever that program was that protected files from being deleted or something

System protect or something like that.

Mike Charteris
19-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey Speedy, no applications of that type installed. The only backup that I have is SyncBak which I manually run - and that is quite clear when you are restoring data to the source machine.

Thanks anyway!

kahawai chaser
19-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Sounds like a corrupt registry setting or malware present? I cleaned up my mate's desktop settings where he could not change the wall paper. Malware or spyware was present...

Jen
19-12-2007, 02:00 PM
How are you deleting the menu items? Directly from the menu or by going into your profile and accessing the "Start Menu" folder? You may wish to check the profile "all users" start menu folder as well.