PDA

View Full Version : Power Point 2007

lanaauckland
16-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I have created a PPT 2007 presentation. I'd like people who don't have this program to be able to watch my presentation if I email them. In which format should i save it ? Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2007, 07:56 PM
They may need this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=048dc840-14e1-467d-8dca-19d2a8fd7485&DisplayLang=en)

And this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e985ed98-5003-4dc1-88ec-3e151e4dc790&DisplayLang=en)

Hopefully you're on broadband, or theyre on broadband.

Looks like there's a Powerpoint viewer in the Office12 folder in program files - 1.92 mb.

PPTView.exe. This may also work.

jwil1
17-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Try this -

Click the Office Button >...>Package for CD
Click Send to Folder
Make a note of where the files are saved
Click Start>Run Type IEXPRESS and press Enter.
Step through the wizard. Click Next, Next, type a title for your PowerPoint and click next, Next, Next, then select ALL the files PPT 2007 extracted and click Next. Type play.bat, click next. Click Next, Next, type an output filename (with extension EXE) and path and click Next. Click Dont Save, then Next, Next.

The program will create a self-extracting program that runs your PowerPoint pres as if they had PowerPoint. When emailing, you need to add the file to a RAR archive (tell your recipients to get it from www.rarlabs.com - <1MB download I think). The reason for this is that most email clients (including those of your recipients) will not accept EXEs as attachments and as a result they will not be able to open them. Saving files into a RAR archive compresses them and enables people to view your presentation without PowerPoint.

One thing, however, is that they will need to accept PPT Viewer's EULA when they open the powerpoint for the first time.

Apart from those small obstacles I think that this is the best way to package a PPT presentation, as it accounts for everyone's possible s/ware configuration - with or without PowerPoint. I can't remember whether this will run on Windows 95, 98 or ME, however.

josh2200
17-12-2007, 03:26 PM
what you can do is go ''save as'' and then go save as ''powerpoint 97-2003 presentation'' (on the right side menu)which means it can be used on 97-2007 power point

jwil1
17-12-2007, 09:49 PM
what you can do is go ''save as'' and then go save as ''powerpoint 97-2003 presentation'' (on the right side menu)which means it can be used on 97-2007 power point

It still won't work if the recipients don't have PowerPoint though. :p