PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Noise

pctek
15-12-2007, 03:42 PM
My son again.:badpc:

The first time he happened to be talking to me about something else and said by the way the computer blew up last night.
Blew up??!!

Apparently went bang and switched off.
Switched it on again and it was fine.

Until months later he rings and says it won't boot.
Got him to send off the PSU and he received another.

Today he tells me it makes clicking noises then switches off.
Clicks, goes, switches off, not restarts, no errors, no beeps. Switch on, click, click.

What sort of clicking? Well, just ^^$%$# clicking of course.

This time I am getting him to send me the whole thing.

Of course, he never does anything. Like when the TV got a big chip out of the front of it. That was just because the ashtray fell off the coffee table.

The coffee table, is, interestingly, 3 feet lower and 4 feet back from the TV screen.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

beetle
15-12-2007, 04:37 PM
He's sending it from aucks to invers? will it be there before xmas? charge him double.......lol and while he's at it, hows the goat.:p

beetle:)

plod
15-12-2007, 04:58 PM
So whats the question:stare:

timmy101
15-12-2007, 05:00 PM
So whats the question:stare:

What's the clicking noise

allblack
15-12-2007, 05:04 PM
My son again.:badpc:

The first time he happened to be talking to me about something else and said by the way the computer blew up last night.

:lol:

They good like that. Last weekend I got summat like "what can we call the fish? Can I by the way I've broken the Xbox call mine whatever I want?"

Just casually inserted into the sentence!

We had a little chat.....:p

PENTIUM
15-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Does the click come from the heads inside the hard-drive?

pctek
16-12-2007, 08:53 AM
The question.............well I'll know soon, but I've never heard of a PSU making clicking noises, he's not exactly very descriptive on wxactly what clicking.

I'd suspect HDD, but shutting down?

No idea how the goat is, probably quite happy somewhere in the wilds of Africa.
Unless its been eaten by something..........

linw
16-12-2007, 09:34 AM
"Unless its been eaten by something.........."

At least you have injected meat somewhere into the food chain!!

wainuitech
16-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Shouldn't be to hard to locate - as you said never heard of a PSU making clicking noises - unless its the fan in the PSU of course, and as you know theres only a couple of items that spin in a PC - either fans, HD,Optical drive/Disk ?? or something catching in a fan. If the PSU fan is failing, and the PSU overheats, it may shutdown.