PDA

View Full Version : Vista Freeze

TheRascal
14-12-2007, 08:43 PM
My Desktop running Vista Home premium occasionally freezes, the only way out is to reboot. I am running an Athlon 3000 with 2GB ram and a GE Force 7300 card. Device Manager reports no conflicts. Been happening for some time now, anyone else experience this or have any ideas ?

wainuitech
14-12-2007, 08:54 PM
try looking in event Viewer, it should show you what caused it and when it froze, can you post back any error messages (complete codes etc) relating to these times, esp ones that are the same.

Click the start Orb, type in the search bar Event Viewer - I think from memory it should show in the search results double click to open it. look under both system and applications.

Are you doing anything in particular when it freezes ?

TheRascal
14-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi, I had a check under "Problem Reports & Solutions" [via Control panel] and it reported a SQL Writer Service Hang. In answer to your question was I doing anything at the time; No I wasn't, the pc was just idling away on the Desktop whilst I shot off for coffee, came back and it was frozen. Sometimes you can be doing anything and it may freeze up--no set pattern or program.
I checked Event viewer but that didn't didn't show anything.
Product
SQLWriter

Problem
Service Hang Report

Date
14/12/07 20:31

Status
Not Reported

Description
Service SQL Server VSS Writer hung on starting.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
Service Name: SQLWriter
Image Name: sqlwriter.exe"
Image Version: 0.0.0.0
Service Type: 10
Start Type: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129

Files that help describe the problem
Version.txt

No constructive solutions offered, the above could be a red herring ?