PDA

View Full Version : New Moherboard not loading up windows

meister2p
14-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Just installed new ASUS P4SP-MX Mobo with 2.6gigCeleron 2x526mb DDR400 (Runnin at 333) with 2xDVD -RW drives and Two ATA-133 Drives Runin G-Force 440MX, when i stat up the computer it runs what appears to be normally, but then stops after it shows PCI device listing and IRQ.drives are detected but not loaded, any type of drive exceptmaybe floppy but i don't have floppy disks anywhere. Any idea's why? if i change something in the bios it will show Updated ESCD or something straight after the IRQ stuff, then it will just sit there doing nothing.

Speedy Gonzales
14-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Did u plug the 12v ATX connector from the PSU to the mobo??

And are the IDE device set to Master and Slave??

And are the IDE hdds on the same IDE connector / Primary and Master.

And the burners on Secondary Master/Slave?

Try setting the BIOS to its defaults, then reconfigure it then save the settings.

meister2p
14-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Tried that already still the same

tweak'e
14-12-2007, 09:26 PM
is windows a fresh install or an install off an old pc ?

pctek
14-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Did you install the motherboard chipset drivers? Are the jumpers on the drives right?

meister2p
14-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Windows is off my other computer, but the computer does exactly teh same if i try to start with a fresh drive, there s no "Operating sysem not detected" error, t doesn't seem to load CDs either but ill give it a go. Jumpers are corect, cable is correct. Also i have swapped hard drives through many a PC without any trouble, this is among one of the first times its screwed up. it seems as though the BIOS detects and recognises the drives, but just won't boot from them.