PDA

View Full Version : Projector and notebook woes

jwil1
13-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi all

I have a colleague who has a laptop that displays a DVD played through WMP on the NOTEBOOK screen, but when it is connected to data projector (hasn't tried a monitor) the DVD window only displays black.

He has tried it on several identical notebooks and 2 out of three have this prob. Is this a hardware or software problem? What should do to fix it?

All help appreciated

wainuitech
13-12-2007, 08:00 PM
There is usually a key to press to joggle the image to either an external device, like a Monitor/ projector / or laptop screen - or any combination of the above.

Have you tried a different media player as well, something like VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). Just thinking back to last year I had a customer with a similar problem - took ages to figure out the right key combination, but once located worked great. But also ended up using VLC - Windows Media Player didn't want to "Play Nice".

CYaBro
13-12-2007, 09:09 PM
If they need to have the notebook display on as well as the projector then I think you need to set the projector/secondary output to be the Primary display.
This should get the DVD showing on the projector but will probably stop it showing on the notebook display.