PDA

View Full Version : D Link Gaming Router

Hitech
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I moved house last weekend and i was wanting to get my laptop going last weekend wirelessly using my D link dgl 4300 gaming router.

I couldnt get it configured as i had forgotten the address number for the access routers settings menu so i rung d link and they walked me through it and we got as far as getting a live connection from my lappy to the router.

So after establishing that the d link people tried and tried to get on the net but it still wouldn't connect to the net so the guy told me to download some firmware link that he e mailed me i used ehternet via cable modem to get this.

So after i installed the firmware into the router while i was on the phone to d link i was telling the guy that by now the router page wouln't come up so he told me to press the reset button numerous times so i did and still nothing then after all that the guy on the phone says to me your router is stuffed yip d link stuffed my router it worked fine at my previous address but there new firmware upgrade has stuffed it they told me i must have it for my internet connection to get working. So after all that i said to the guy you can bloody well replace it so they are they have sent me a warranty report which i have to take to DSE or Hardly Normals and get a replacement there.

Does any body out there know of a way i could fix the router it still sends a wireless signal but it's limited connection keeps coming up and it won't work at all on the xbox ethernet cable or pc ethernet cable

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

wratterus
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Get someone who knows what theyre doing to configure it.

If it is really dead, D-Link are very good with customer support/RMAs.

Enigmur
12-12-2007, 03:35 PM
If it is really dead, D-Link are very good with customer support/RMAs.

Yeah, companies get good at things with practise :lol:

wratterus
12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah, companies get good at things with practise :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The product may be crap, but at least the customer support is good!! :lol:

--Wolf--
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
That kinda reminds me of the other thread with all the funny customer calling quotes.

"Reset the router a few times......still not working? Hmm, download [this] and see if it works.

::Error. Mac OSX canno't be installed to device: 'dgl 4300'. Please contact Microsoft::

Yeah, I dunno, I was bored.