PDA

View Full Version : VIA USB CONTROLLER/WIN98 SE

31-03-2001, 05:17 PM
I have recently installed PCTV Studio on my PC and shagged around with the IRQs to free up extra IRQ's so that the sound card and PCTV wernet sharing the same IRQ. Suddenly a couple of days ago, my usb ports stopped responding. I have tried installing the 4in1 drivers from via and the Microsoft patch and even free'd up IRQs so that the via usb controller isnt sharing the same IRQ as any other devices like the soundcard, pctv studio etc. I have a wacom tablet and an epson stylus 760 hooked up to my 2 usb ports. I have checked out www.usbman.com for tips and am at my wits end!

01-04-2001, 09:58 AM
Have you tried removing the last piece of hardware you installed?
Also
Mess about with the PNP setting in the BIOS. Change it to the opposite of what it currently is.
Lastly
Delete the PNP BIOS in the Device Manager. On restarting the PC will re-detect all devices. ONLY do this if you have all device drivers available!

01-04-2001, 10:49 AM
with a complex programme, like a video one,you may have reached the limit of some of your drivers for the motherboard.I have found usb ports to be one of the first to go.Anyway update your MOBO drivers at the manufac.site ;there may be patches available (with explainations),as this may not be uncommon.Any more questions you need to state the age of the pc,mobo,cpu.Good luck!Alimac

02-04-2001, 08:27 AM
Hi Alistair

My CPU is an Intel Pentium III, 533 Megahertz.
My PC is a Quay computer (non-propriety build)March 2000
BIOS ver 1.0r01, Award Software International
Mainboard VIA Technologies, VT82C692BX, extended motherboard data - Model ATC6240V-01 11/08/99
System chipset, VIA VT82C691 Apollo Pro
Front Side Bus 134 Mhz
ACPI Support
USB Bus - USB chip VIA technologies, VT83C572/VT82C586, A/B, VT82C686A, USB controller ver 1.00, Bus speed 48 Mhz

Hope that helps!