PDA

View Full Version : Connect PC to stereo speakers

ecurb
26-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Probably been asked lots of times before but here goes.... How do I connect my PC so music will play on the stereos speakers? Is it a simple matter of connecting a lead from the PC speaker output to the aux on the stereo? I've tried that but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Music from my ipod FM thingi is picked up fine and the quality is good.

Thanks in advance

Speedy Gonzales
26-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Did u switch the stereo to AUX??

You have to be careful, coz it could blow the soundcard, if you connect the sound from line out to AUX. And turn it up too loud.

I know I've done it lol.

It would be safer if u made a music cd / MP3 CD (If the stereo supports MP3) with whatever MP3's (If this is what you want to play)

dolby digital
26-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Probably been asked lots of times before but here goes.... How do I connect my PC so music will play on the stereos speakers? Is it a simple matter of connecting a lead from the PC speaker output to the aux on the stereo? I've tried that but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Music from my ipod FM thingi is picked up fine and the quality is good.

Thanks in advance

Line out on the sound card (or motherboard), is exactly for plugging into a stereo as it is line level. Avoid the headphone output as it is the wrong impedence. If you get no sound from the line output in to AUX on the stereo amp, it could be disabled in the sound software (or the line out level is zero).