PDA

View Full Version : Linksys ADSL Modems

MYLZNZ
26-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I have 4 Linksys AG241 ADSL modem that have the same issue where the internal switch is faulty and can't talk to the device anymore. I contacted Linksys but found that the devices are out of warranty since Feb. I tried to complain that even of the devices are out of warranty, surely they must admit that 4 devices can't fail after one year of service but I haven't got any response from them. Is there anything that I can do to get linksys to replace them?
:mad:

ughnz
26-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I have 4 Linksys AG241 ADSL modem that have the same issue where the internal switch is faulty and can't talk to the device anymore. I contacted Linksys but found that the devices are out of warranty since Feb. I tried to complain that even of the devices are out of warranty, surely they must admit that 4 devices can't fail after one year of service but I haven't got any response from them. Is there anything that I can do to get linksys to replace them?
:mad:

Are you sure it is the switch that is playing up? can other devices connected to the device communicate to each other.

I have a ag300, much the same hardware, that will randomly stop working when the connection is ADSL2 or when any SIP traffic or to much traffic of any kind is going via the ADSL connection.

As for Linksys they do not give a stuff as they have got their money. Many attempts to communicate the issues results in the usual have you reset the modem etc.. but no actual help.

CYaBro
26-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Did you purchase them all from the the same place?
You may have a case under the Consumer Guarentees Act even if they are out of warranty now.
But you would need to talk to the place you bought them from and not Linksys.

Billy T may come along and give you more advice on this.

Nermal
27-11-2007, 11:59 AM
As far as I know, the CGA only applies to consumers, and I'm guessing with 4 of them that they were purchased by a business.

wainuitech
27-11-2007, 12:17 PM
While having 4 modems fail is not good, if they are all out of warranty in Feb , its now November meaning thats 9 months ago the warranty ran out.

The modems prob only had a 12 months warranty. I wouldn't expect Lynskys to honour a warranty on a product thats now 21 moths old when its warrantied for 12. If they were still within the warranty then yes they would have to honour it - but they are not.

If they are failing in a business place, then you also have to remember that model is designed for Home usage under its specs - if its wanted in a business then a more robust model should be used designed for the purpose.