PDA

View Full Version : Pages cannot be displayed

30-03-2001, 05:04 PM
I am using IE 5.5 .I have two ISP's..Paradise and Zfree. Up until just recently I have encountered no problems opening web sites.However lately, although I can open all other web sites without any difficulty ,when I attempt to open my Paradise home page by clicking on the 'Members' button I get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message. (All the other buttons open normally). Similarly , with Zfree. I can open any feature by clicking on the appropriate button, but when I click on 'Mail' I again get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message. I have tried looking for a hidden screen by pressing ALT -TAB but get the message 'Cannot find server' Can anyone tell me what my problem is please and its remedy Thanks.

30-03-2001, 11:58 PM
Have you checked your firewall settings? or any third party internet software you may be running. You may find that these are blocking your browser settings

31-03-2001, 07:12 AM
I had a similar problem with several pages and posted on this board for help. Someone suggested it could also be the ISP. I asked ISP to check it out. Did not hear back but problem went away. A bit of a co-incidence.