PDA

View Full Version : D-Link G604T Problem

Pourhommenz
24-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey all -

I got a D-Link G604T router / modem from Telecom but having a problem with it. It never seems to remember for longer than a day the virtual server pin holes that I put in????

It saves them into my "User" list but doesn't keep it in the active ports to open. Then other times, it deletes it all together and I have to go and reload them. This is for Torrent use.

Anyone had this problem and / or know a fix for it?

Speedy Gonzales
24-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Is this the G604T Gen II wireless modem/router??

If it is, after you put the ports in, did you go to tools / system / save and reboot?

Just adding the ports and clicking on apply wont work.

You have to save and reboot, for it to stick.

Thats what I forgot to do, when I brought this router, and added ports lol.

Doh, and I was wondering why the ports I put in, werent there, when I went in the next time.

Pourhommenz
26-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Hmmm, you know what? You might be right!!!!

Strange thing is that after clicking apply - the ports do actually open up and let uTorrent run on active, just doesn't remember it for longer than a day, but I think your right, will have to do that when I get home.

Though in saying that ... Could be a good security feature - not leaving the ports open all the time and only have to open them when I'm using the program

Speedy Gonzales
26-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, you HAVE to save and reboot.

Otherwise once you quit the config, it'll disappear.

Well if you do this

not leaving the ports open all the time and only have to open them when I'm using the program

You'll be there all year lol. Going backwards and forwards. Everytime you want to use Utorrent.

Save the hassle and add them again, then save and reboot.