PDA

View Full Version : LCD monitor and DVI connector

rumpty
21-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I posted a few days ago about my new LCD monitor and, among other things, about the poor colour of the "grey" scale displayed. Tried gamma corrections to get rid of the green cast, but it just would not come right.

Took it back to QMB yesterday for checking, and it looked 100% there! Couldn't believe it. Then I noticed later that they were using the other one of the two DVI connectors on the monitor, the DVD-D one, not the DVI-A input. At the computer end a standard VGA connector, same as I was using at home.

So the analogue computer output (VGA) had to plug in to the DVI-D input on the monitor to get a true colour on the monitor. I am mystified.

In summary, both DVI-A and DVI-D inputs work using a VGA source, picture is fine on both, except for a nasty green cast when on the DVI-A input. Any ideas why this happens? And I had assumed that the DVI-D wouldn't have worked at all driven from a VGA card.

Extreme IT
21-11-2007, 05:57 PM
This could be completely off but you could look at your video driver .. long shot but it could work

rumpty
21-11-2007, 08:46 PM
This could be completely off but you could look at your video driver .. long shot but it could work

I'm happy, now that things are working properly using the DVI-D input, but curious as to why the green cast on the grey scale using the DVI-A input.