PDA

View Full Version : Outlook rule to delay sending all msgs

susann
21-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I am practising with a rule to delay sending all messages in Outlook by 3 mins (for a user who sometimes wants to add something or realises he has made a mistake!).

Just wondered if anyone knew a way to "push" an email out if it was urgent (e.g. over-ride the rule). I have added an exception to the rule - i.e. delay all messages by 3 mins unless marked with high importance, which works fine but only if marked high importance before the email is firstsent. If I go into a normal email already in the Outbox, mark it with high importance and press send it just sits in the Outbox for the designated 3 mins before sending.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Susan

Graham L
21-11-2007, 04:00 PM
How urgent is "urgent"? Surely, even if the sky is falling, 3 minutes isn't going to make much difference. :cool:

Maybe you could copy it into a new message, send that one "urgently", then delete the original? (And if that accidentally causes two to be sent that will emphasize the urgency. :D )

Extreme IT
21-11-2007, 07:39 PM
You could try making the rule so that if it is marked as "urgent" ie: with the "!" tagged, then it will go straight away. If that is too hard you could teach the user to click send on the message (will go to the outbox) and then make him/her manually go into the outbox and open the message up and click send again (should go on manual send push). Try it out, let us know how you get on. Cheers