PDA

View Full Version : C drive problem

fkapepa
18-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Have a windows XP computer with C drive capacity of 80 gigs. I bought another 80 gigs. The original one on master and the new on slave, but when I click on C drive properties it show 80 gigs. I was expecting to see something like 160 gigs on C drive. what should I do? Help.
fkapepa

drcspy
18-11-2007, 03:14 AM
well you havent changed your c drive have you so how could it suddenly show twice it's capacity.......you now have c and most likely d drive......both 80gb each..........you 'can' get them to 'appear' to 'merge' but you'll have to 'raid' em.......

georgeks
18-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Yes, like drcspy said to "see" it as 160g (unlikely) you'll have to turn it to RAID 0. But to do that you'll have to lose all your data....unless..
..before you do it, install the drivers for RAID 0, and then make an image if your system

linw
18-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes, like drcspy said to "see" it as 160g (unlikely) you'll have to turn it to RAID 0. But to do that you'll have to lose all your data....unless..
..before you do it, install the drivers for RAID 0, and then make an image if your system

Someone who doesn't know a slave drive won't add to the C: drive is hardly a safe bet to image his system and turn it into a raid drive!

fkapepa, just use the new drive as a second drive. Look for its drive letter in windows explorer. You can use it for storing data files.

Bantu
18-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Don't forget create a partition and format your new drive.
Right click my computer, choose Manage, choose Disk Management. locate your new drive there and take it from there.

linw
19-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Good point, Bantu!