PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live problems

Sb0h
17-11-2007, 11:00 AM
So I finally get an xbox 360 and try hooking up to xbox live and have a few "issues". Turns out the crappy ADSL router Xtra gave me a couple of years ago is incompatible. So I'm looking for a recommendation for an ADSL Router for an easy hookup. I'm also running wireless in my home with a Linksys WRT54G.

Cheers

--Wolf--
17-11-2007, 11:06 AM
If you want to run it wirelessly (you need an adapter for the 360) I suggest the d-link G604t Gen II (telecom supplied).

Forward the ports, and then it'll run like a charm.

LOWTEC
17-11-2007, 02:12 PM
whatever you do dont get a g604t ive had two different ones in flats over the last two years and both have been absolutely rubbish, they dont remember any rules you set like port forwarding etc, you have to do it sometimes twice in a day and one of them wouldnt even remeber my wireless incryption I put on it and to top it off the user interface is extremely slow most of the time.

However I'm not sure if the ones ive had were gen 2 so maybe they have improved them.

in terms of what you should get im unsure as im looking for a new router
myself and havent made a decision yet - just dont buy dlink! theres a reason telecom gives them to you for nothing....

Speedy Gonzales
17-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Nothing wrong with this Gen II. Its been fine since I got it in Sept.

And it save settings etc no prob at all. Altho I've disabled wireless. I have no need for it at the mo.

Mine isnt from telecom tho.

And I'm not using telecom as my ISP either.

--Wolf--
17-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I normally wouldn't touch anything from Telecom, but I'm not spending a cent on something I don't need to.

I can forward ports on my G604t (I dont use wireless) and it'll remember it.

If you have the first gen one, send it in, say it's faulty and they'll send you a gen II for free.

LOWTEC
17-11-2007, 09:37 PM
yea fair enough if it anit broke dont fix it. I assume i must have 2 first gen ones cos both the one at my flat and the one at home seem to have difficulty remembering any rules I apply, thats a good idea actually might try it. I stand corrected seems dlink has improved.