PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is bad service?

cronik
17-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Not long ago I purchased a 22" Viewsonic lcd from Ascent in Wellington and initially I was quite happy with it but soon noticed a bright pixel near the center of the screen which I decided wasn't acceptable given the significant amount of money I paid for it. When I first informed them about the issue the guy told me I probably wouldn't be covered by warranty because I was only covered for 30 days despite reading '3 years zero bright pixel policy' on the website. Anyway when I get that cleared up I'm told to send it to their repair terminal which I do and I chase them up all week by email to try and establish status on my return and no reply. So I finally ring them only to find out it hasn't even been looked at despite arriving a week or so ago.

After voicing my displeasure at all of this I'm told they will try to repair it and if that fails I will be sent out second-hand a lcd of similar age...wtf??? Now call me stupid but I assumed I would be entitled to a new replacement, the lcd I returned is only a few months old and for all I know they could send out a 1-2 yr old lcd with the backlights near failure. To me this whole situation has become totally unacceptable and I'm pretty much demanding a refund yet they won't.

I really thought paying the Ascent premium would payoff in terms of post-purchase support but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you think I'm getting a raw deal here?

To me it seems like I'm getting screwed over pretty badly.

pctek
17-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Viewsonic monitors are 3 yr onsite warranty.

You should have rung Viewsonics 0800 number.

wainuitech
17-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Viewsonic monitors are 3 yr onsite warranty.

You should have rung Viewsonics 0800 number.

Correct - The View Sonic Moniors have 3 year Dead pixel Warranty any where on the screen - 1 Dead /Bright Pixel and it has to be replaced - thats what my vendors DOVE have always informed me - and they stick by that also - replace on the SPOT - Not weeks Later.

The exception is the LCD TV's they have a 30 day bright pixel warranty as well as 3 year - so that doesn't confuse - I was told that goes case by case - if its obvious its usually replaced.

cronik
17-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Well in the first place having paid all that money I expected a non-defective product, I mean how difficult is that? We have around 8 lcd screens at work and NONE of them have bright or dead pixels.

And I still expected better backup service than what I'm receiving and the real question I put to you is I shouldn't be accepting a second-hand replacement should I?

wainuitech
17-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Well in the first place having paid all that money I expected a non-defective product, I mean how difficult is that? We have around 8 lcd screens at work and NONE of them have bright or dead pixels.

And I still expected better backup service than what I'm receiving.

Bad Pixels can happen at any stage, even brand New - its a fact of life with LCD's.

And YES you should have gotten better service than what you got.

darroll
17-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I’m still mad at Viewsonic.
I bought a monitor, got the rebate papers filled out by jumping thru their paper hoops.
My rebate was denied.
No more so called “Rebates” by any company for me …
Ö

wainuitech
17-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I’m still mad at Viewsonic.
I bought a monitor, got the rebate papers filled out by jumping thru their paper hoops.
My rebate was denied.
No more so called “Rebates” by any company for me …
Ö

Care to tell us WHY it was Denied ?

CaptinMoor
17-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi there, that is absolutley shocking service. I know that you are probabley reluctant to publish the names of the companys, but people should be aware of these people.

These retailers make there money on putting large mark ups on goods and flicking them on. Basically they are chanrging the customer for having the goods in stock and providing them with helpfull friendly service.

If they for what ever reason cannot fulfill these obligations then they are not very good at there only job. Once people find out that people like this have absolutley idea of customer service custoemrs wont shop there any longer. Therfore they will in turn be punished by a lack of return clientle.

Anyway, soory to hear that you had a bad experinse and hope that you finally get a new replacment.

darroll
17-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Care to tell us WHY it was Denied ?

Buddy,
They did not tell me.
They just said our rebate was denied or I would have corrected the problem
with the paperwork or whatever.

d

wainuitech
17-11-2007, 03:21 PM
These retailers make there money on putting large mark ups on goods and flicking them on.

Oh Really ?? I assume by that comment that you are in the Computer businees yourself and run your own shop or work for someone who does. ?

Well if you are then you would know thats Bull.

I DO run my own business and can purchase all the items Ascent does from the same places - and I'll tell you now unless you happen to be a HUGE place Like HP/Dell etc then the so called large markups you say we put on hardware does not exist any more - it used to but these days hardware prices are cut throat.
Its not uncommon for shops to only have a $10-$30 markup on larger priced items than wholesale - meaning $300 + price ranges.

But what ever a shop charges - thats still no right to treat customers poorly.

Myth
17-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Not long ago I purchased a 22" Viewsonic lcd from Ascent in Wellington ....

Hi there, that is absolutley shocking service. I know that you are probabley reluctant to publish the names of the companys, but people should be aware of these people.
As you can see, the poster did state the company name :dogeye:

I DO run my own business and can purchase all the items Ascent does from the same places - and I'll tell you now unless you happen to be a HUGE place Like HP/Dell etc then the so called large markups you say we put on hardware does not exist any more - it used to but these days hardware prices are cut throat.
Its not uncommon for shops to only have a $10-$30 markup on larger priced items than wholesale - meaning $300 + price ranges.

But what ever a shop charges - thats still no right to treat customers poorly.I can get an 80GB Seagate harddrive at one of the local NP businesses for the same price that I can buy a 250GB Seagate online (including postage and GST). Some places still have incredible markup

beama
18-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Yes there are some massive markups still out there, Ive seen viewsonic LCDS sell retail for $300.00 plus over wholesale ( and that was on a so called special). I know this because where I work I have access to wholesale price lists.

wainuitech
18-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Yes there are some massive markups still out there, Ive seen viewsonic LCDS sell retail for $300.00 plus over wholesale ( and that was on a so called special). I know this because where I work I have access to wholesale price lists.
Glad you said some and Not all - you only have to look at price spy to see the price differances from different places.

Yes some places do add in big markups - others dont, most people think there is a big markup on all hardware - its simply not true.

Ive seen viewsonic LCDS sell retail for $300.00 plus over wholesale Must be a High Spec LCD if thats the case , considering the average price for a 22" Widescreen as this poster put is around the $400 mark Wholesale - check out price spy and you will see the differences. - huge markups ? $20-$40 :groan:

beama
18-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Nope not that high spec its just that I knew the wholesale and yes I did buy non special and cheaper

pctek
19-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Correct - The View Sonic Moniors have 3 year Dead pixel Warranty any where on the screen - 1 Dead /Bright Pixel and it has to be replaced - thats what my vendors DOVE have always informed me

Hah. I remember a place I worked who used Dove and we had a hell of an argument getting them to replace a one stuffed pixel monitor.

Besides they're wrong.

ViewSonic LCD computer display products are warranted for three (3) years for parts, labor and LCD backlight. Excludes all Optiquest Q-series models and ViewSonic LCD display models VA520, VA521, VA550, VA700, VA720, VA721, VX710, VA800, and VX910 purchased in the U.S. on or after April 1, 2003, which are warranted for one (1) year for parts, labor and LCD backlight for three (3) years if purchased outside of US.

ViewSonic LCD desktop display products are warranted with our LCD Pixel Performance Guarantee. Through this limited warranty, you are guaranteed high-quality screen performance with no more than four (4) improperly operating pixels total and no more than three (3) bright or three (3) dark pixels.

For Aus/NZ specifically:

http://www.viewsonic.com.au/kbase/article.php?id=5

30 DAYS Zero Dead Pixel.
After 30 days see the table.

cronik
19-11-2007, 09:18 AM
If that's the case then please explain to me exactly what '3 years zero bright pixel policy' means in plain english because if I'm misinterpreting it I think it needs to be reworded on the website because I think many other people are likely to be fooled into believing they are entitled to a screen completely free of bright pixels.

wainuitech
19-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Okay - just rang Dove and to {Quote} " The Viewsonic LCD monitors have a 3 year dead pixel warranty - any pixels, even 1 failing with in the 3 years the whole LCD WILL be replaced.

The LCD TV's have a 30 Day dead Pixel warranty - meaning 1 dead pixel its replaced. after 30 days its up to Viewsonic - case by case" {End Quote}

Thats from the wellington Devision - RMA person - so if they will honor 3 years and are wrong - good on us in wgtn eh!:D

This does happen because I looked back on my records and had a 17" LCD replaced due to 3 dead pixels it was 22 months old.

A few months back they had a 32" LCD TV that was replaced under warranty 1 dead pixel in the showroom - going cheap - The dead pixel was actually not noticable untill it was pointed out at 6 inches away from the screen-normal viewing you would never see it - in fact it looked like a speck of dust - but it was replaced.

cronik
19-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Well what do you guys think I should do here?

It's been nearly 2 weeks and Ascent have my money and my faulty lcd, yes maybe I should have just contacted Viewsonic directly and I'm feeling like a mug right now for not doing so. I've told them I won't accept a second-hand replacement and if that's the case I want my money refunded yet they are not even responding to my emails.

Trev
19-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Ring them.
:)

wainuitech
19-11-2007, 11:59 AM

It's been nearly 2 weeks and Ascent have my money and my faulty lcd, yes maybe I should have just contacted Viewsonic directly and I'm feeling like a mug right now for not doing so. I've told them I won't accept a second-hand replacement and if that's the case I want my money refunded yet they are not even responding to my emails.

Ring Ascent Demand to speak the manager - not some sales person. Tell him what has happened and say you want this sorted by the end of this week. - 2 weeks - they are mucking you about.
YOU dont have to send it to Viewsonic Ascent / Suppliers DO!

I don't know where Ascent got the LCD From, but if it was from Dove, who is one of the Wellington Suppliers, they are just up the road from one another - they should have returned it to them if thats where they go it - after doing the RMA and a new one delivered - 3 days tops, its only two weeks old for christ sake.

Usually with Dove if I have a RMA product its replaced the following day as long as its entered by 3 pm, I then get the damaged one back sometime that week. Customer gets replacement as soon as they are available once I have the Goods.

robbyp
19-11-2007, 12:00 PM

I have always found ascent good. I puchased a sony lcd a few years ago, and it had a stuck pink pixel in the middle of the screen. They got sony to eventually replace it although it took a few weeks as they said sonys support isn't very good.

You would probably be best to phone them. There is probably a reason they haven't replied to your email/s.

PaulD
19-11-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't know where Ascent got the LCD From, but if it was from Dove, who is one of the Wellington Suppliers, they are just up the road from one another - they should have returned it to them if thats where they go it - after doing the RMA and a new one delivered - 3 days tops, its only two weeks old for christ sake.

Usually with Dove if I have a RMA product its replaced the following day as long as its entered by 3 pm, I then get the damaged one back sometime that week. Customer gets replacement as soon as they are available once I have the Goods.

Where do you get 2 weeks old? Cronik said "not long ago" and it's already past the 30 day point. Viewsonic Australia's warranty seems tighter than the one Dove Wgtn is quoting, it seemed to have changed Mar 06.

I take screen shots of any claims by on-line dealers now so that I know what was promised at the time.

wainuitech
19-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Where do you get 2 weeks old? Cronik said "not long ago" and it's already past the 30 day point. Viewsonic Australia's warranty seems tighter than the one Dove Wgtn is quoting, it seemed to have changed Mar 06.

I take screen shots of any claims by on-line dealers now so that I know what was promised at the time.

Sorry misread that - Ascent has had it for 2 weeks - All that aside I know from dealing with Dove - ANY RMA's as long as the product is in stock I call Them - tell them whats wrong and why I'm doing a RMA - next day the replacement turns up, even if its 2 years into a 3 year warranty. AND THATS A FACT.
As I mentioned before I rang Dove this morning and spoke to the RMA Person and she confirmed it. Ascent may not have gotten the LCD From Dove ??

pctek
19-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Ascent may not have gotten the LCD From Dove ??

Really shouldn't matter where it came from. I don't get mine from Dove.
Its Viewsonics warranty anyway.

I'd get it back if you aren't happy and just ring Viewsonics 0800 number and get them to sort it.

steveroby
19-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Well in the first place having paid all that money I expected a non-defective product, I mean how difficult is that?

You mean that you want a product GUARANTEED to NEVER fail
I doubt that you would have been willing to pay the extra for that
sort of monitor.

Unfortunately there's not a lot that can be done about delays in repairs.
Ive seen a $1500 projector take over 3 months for a warranty repair (bought
through official channels & sent to official repair agents)
When I was doing subcontracted warranty printer repair work, I was totally
at the mercy of the Manufacturers Aus office. It could take 3 months to get parts & being warranty work I had to go through 'official' channels for parts.

steveroby
19-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Its Viewsonics warranty anyway.

I'd get it back if you aren't happy and just ring Viewsonics 0800 number and get them to sort it.

Viewsonic NZ probhably arnt going to honor a warranty for Parrelel imported goods (why should they)

cronik
19-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Well yeah to be fair I don't think this is entirely the company in questions fault as I think it has more to do with the fact my lcd was sitting around at the repair terminal for a week or so without even being looked at. But that is still a little annoying to me as I was promised the turnaround would be fairly quick.

In hindsight though I think next time I have a bright pixel I'll just live with it rather than deal with all this bother and stress.

wainuitech
19-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Viewsonic NZ probhably arnt going to honor a warranty for Parrelel imported goods (why should they)

Is this a Parallel imported LCD ?

If so thats a "different Kettle of fish" all together as the saying goes.

You mean that you want a product GUARANTEED to NEVER fail
I doubt that you would have been willing to pay the extra for that
sort of monitor. :lol: Don't think there is any such thing - be nice if there was. NEVER is a looooooooooong Time

pctek
19-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Viewsonic NZ probhably arnt going to honor a warranty for Parrelel imported goods

And where did you get that idea from?

You know all about Ascents suppliers do you?

You obviously don't know that Viewsonic sell to more than one wholesaler in NZ.

george12
19-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Ascent doesn't parallel import - they buy from NZ wholesalers who import goods through the correct channels.

Well, they say they do and there's no reason to doubt them.