PDA

View Full Version : Website help please - onmouserollover

John W
16-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi there

Im creating a website, in which I want an image to change to another when the Mouse sits atop.

I can do this fine, but heres the twist, I want to Image Height to double so I can add a few Graphics.

Ive tried this, created a 2nd image, but even though its twice the height (same Width) Frontpage condenses it to the height of the original when the mouse sits atop.

Is there anyway I can create th effect Im after with Onmouseover, or will I need to go to flash to create what Im after.

Thanks

John in Mosgiel.

kahawai chaser
16-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I suspect you are using the hover button to switch images. I have thought about increasing the image size a while back for a hover button on my frontpage website (listed below). You probably have to manually add a bit more coding (javascript I think) to get the desired effect. Seems odd that frontpage condenses the image; I will try to search for a solution...

kahawai chaser
16-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe check out the javascript image mouseover tutorials here (http://javascript.about.com/od/funwithimages/Image_Manipulation.htm)from about com. There are several image manipulation effects, not sure if any will suit, but their maybe similar alternatives - e.g. rollover gallery effect. Remember you may have to reset frontpage extensions on the server...

ableton
16-11-2007, 11:06 PM
i think you should dump frontpage imo, its really bad, even NVU (free) is better.