PDA

View Full Version : Any Blackberry gurus out there?

susann
16-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Have been running around in circles between Vodafone and the info/manuals on the web and hoping someone can help!

I'm trying to see if there's a way to make the signatures on the couple of Blackberry devices we have here formatted in a certain font style/colour (so it looks as though someone has sent an email from Outlook rather than the BB device). At the moment they come through as plain text.

The device models are 7130 and 8707, both running with the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Is there perhaps an add-in we can download to get these signatures formatted?

Thanks for any help
Susan

Pourhommenz
16-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi Susan -

I used to work for Vodafone months back for about 3 years.

Those models will not but the 8100 Pearl supports rich text which will let you do what you want. I am not too sure as to wheater the server will do it for you, you may need to set it to each device.

SolMiester
16-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi, I too am curious and after just checking our my own Blackberry server, couldnt find any formatting options for signatures or message e-mail from the pearl device. When you think about it, the data cap is so low anyway because the device only communicates in basic text to keep cost down and speed up.....3mb for the month is the cap, you wouldnt want too much traffic