PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Lego Runs Slow

Winston001
15-11-2007, 01:32 PM
My son using about 5 weeks pocket-money bought the first three games (one pack) of Starwars Lego. However keyboard commands run slow and the game jams up the pc. I've googled for help but no dice.

This pc built by Metla has a good card and runs other games such as Halo no trouble. In fact I've never seen this problem before. I did update the Nvidea drivers a few weeks ago but other games are fine.

I suspect the Warehouse aren't going to be interested in a refund and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. We've reinstalled but no dice.

Morgenmuffel
15-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi Winston

It might pay to give us the specs

as in when did Metla build this machine as what was good 3-4 years ago isn't necessarily great today
What version of DirectX do you have installed the game requires 9.0c
i assume it is XP?

When you do get it worked out let me know what the kid thinks of it as i was wanting to get it a while ago but my graphics card didin't support vertex/pixel shading? or something like that

LiquidSolidity
15-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Metla works at The Warehouse??

Metla
15-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I believe the PC has a 6600GT video card, Sure she has dropped off the radar now but it should run that game no worries.

I ran one of the Start Wars lego games on a PC with a 5200:( in her, looked sweet, ran sweet.

Renmoo
15-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Tried.... updating that game? Running the game on another machine?

beeswax34
16-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Tried.... updating that game? Running the game on another machine?

He said he tried running it on another computer w/o any problems whatsoever already. Its in the 1st post and Metla's tried it too.

Winston001
16-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys. I downloaded DirectX 9c just in case that was the problem and it is slightly better but not much.

What happens is that the arrow commands to move the figures hesitate and run behind. Then they keep moving in one direction as if you'd kept the key pressed down. Eventually they stop but the game seems to be really jammed up. Can't easily go back to Windows and do anything there either without shutting down the game.

We tried to instal the game on another XP machine but it couldn't run it - no surprise, low end video card.

This isn't a new game and should run no problem with the card I have, never had any doubts about that.

What else should I try?

stormdragon
16-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Winston or Melta

Whats the rest of the specs?

Metla
16-11-2007, 10:29 AM
If I remember its AMD 3500 CPU , 1GB Ram, ,Should be an Asus nforce board of some description, all in all a very nice PC for the time it was built. I think I built myself one very similar at the same time. Which is still rockin along with only the video card being upgraded to a 6900GS.

Anyway Winston, I would disable everything in Start up (temporarily) to ensure no conflict. And give her a go.

What Anti-Virus are you running?

Winston001
16-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Yes it is still an excellent PC and going strong. I really enjoy using it.

AMD 64 Athlon 3000

Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 Socket 939 Nforce 4 mb

1GB RAM

Asus Extreme 6600GT PCI Express 16x 128MB DDR3 card

XP Home

AVG

I'm away until Sunday so I'll try disabling Start-up when I get back - but what if it won't start!!

Thanks for the help. :thumbs:

stormdragon
16-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm away until Sunday so I'll try disabling Start-up when I get back - but what if it won't start!!
:thumbs:

Windows itself should still start, what Melta is telling you to do is disable all the random programs and processors that start with the computer normally.

Winston001
18-11-2007, 05:35 PM
OK, thanks guys but we'll never know. Today my son and I went back to the Warehouse, politely explained the problem, and to my astonishment, they gave a refund. :thumbs:

I didn't expect this but went as a learning experience for my son. I intended that he learn life isn't always fair and instead he learned that even against the odds, if you try sometimes you win. Excellent. :D

Metla
18-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Pity, We could have fixed the issue, It was a software issue.

I teach my son life isn't fair all the time, Like my random confiscation of one of his beloved gumboots.

stormdragon
18-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Who's leg did you have to pull to manage that one! :) :)