PDA

View Full Version : Links failing

arjay
12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
XP System
My internet (ihug broadband) has started intermittently returning to the desktop when I try to follow a link. I have reloaded the modem connection but it still does it. Modem tests ok on the diagnostic.
Any ideas please?

Speedy Gonzales
12-11-2007, 08:29 PM
And this happens, when you use what??

IE or OE or both? Or some other program??

It doesnt sound like the modem is the prob, if its only happening with links.

Whatever you're using, is it crashing, or closing?? Why you go back to the desktop?

arjay
12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
It happens with IE and Firefox. Instead of following the link it drops out of the browser and goes back to the desktop.

Greg
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Does it close the browser or just minimise it?

Agent_24
12-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Sounds like your browser has problems and is crashing, nothing to do with your modem

mark c
13-11-2007, 10:45 AM
But it's happening with FF and IE.
Seems unlikely both browsers could go out at the same time. Where do these links fail? Any particular sites or anywhere and everywhere?

wainuitech
13-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Do the Browsers crash only in Links or with general surfing / typed in addresses as well ?

Okayyyyyyyyy this is odd - just did a google search - found someone else, same problem, links crashing IE & FF.

Try this fix - update your Adobe Reader to the latest version:illogical See if it fixes it.

wratterus
13-11-2007, 12:10 PM
update your Adobe Reader to the latest version:illogical See if it fixes it.

And Adobe flash player.

Speedy Gonzales
13-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Or get rid of Adobe and use Foxit instead.

Thats if Adobe reader is installed.

There was a flaw / vulnerability in 8.1.0 I think it was, of Adobe reader.

mark c
13-11-2007, 10:16 PM
But wouldn't Adobe only be involved if they were PDF files linked to? Could it be something to do with Javascript. But unlikely, since links are simply embedded in html. (Well can be, in my limited exp of website development). Real puzzler this one, pleased it's not happening to me.