PDA

View Full Version : Vista Business Edition Built In Games

MaXimus
12-11-2007, 03:07 PM
My Sony laptop comes preinstalled with Windows Vista Business, but the builtin games are not there, even when I add them from the control panel, they seem like they are being installed, then i get an ok message, but they didn't actually install.

What to do?

Note, when I install Vista Business from a regular Vista installation CD the games do come preinstaled, but I want to install from the Sony Vista CD as it comes preinstalled with all teh apps / drivers.

any ideas?

wratterus
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
you checked in programs and features/turn windows features on or off/games? The box there should be ticked...

MaXimus
13-11-2007, 01:45 AM
That's what I'm saying, I do tick it, but when I click apply, the system seems to be busy as if it was really installing teh games, but nothing happens.

I gues it's because it's an OEM from Sony? what ca I do to get those games?

pcuser42
13-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I heard somewhere that Business doesn't come with the games, it's a business OS, not a home OS.

wratterus
13-11-2007, 08:21 AM
You said control panel, I was just making sure you were in the right place. ;)

I have business, and the games are there, their just not installed by default, so what you've done should work...

MaXimus
13-11-2007, 02:54 PM
It does when I install Vista Business from an original Vista DVD! But I want to install from myfactory image! It seems they have cut out that feature coz even if I add the games from the add/remove, nothing ctually happens! So I was wondering if I could download the games from somewhere and manually install them

wainuitech
13-11-2007, 03:56 PM
This might work - Since you have the Vista DVD,
when I install Vista Business from a regular Vista installation CD the games do come preinstaled go to the Games Folder in that Installiation and copy the whole folder across to the sony, The worst thats gonna happen is when you try to open the games they wont play. They are located in the Program files > Microsoft Games.

Done this a couple of times with Xp and it worked perfectly.

wainuitech
13-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Okay, Ignore the above it doesn't work, I just loaded vista business on a spare PC and tried.

Might pay to look in the program files and see if the games folder did actually load, maybe they are there, but no shortcuts - only guessing.

sal
13-11-2007, 07:03 PM
It's true, Vista Business doesn't come with any Games. I wouldn't have thought they could be enabled via Control Panel either as this was one of the (non-)features of Vista Business, no games.

wainuitech
13-11-2007, 08:09 PM
It's true, Vista Business doesn't come with any Games. I wouldn't have thought they could be enabled via Control Panel either as this was one of the (non-)features of Vista Business, no games.

As Wratterus said in post #3 they are not installed by default. I just installed Business on a test PC, the Games folder was there but empty in the All Programs list. Wratterus is also correct when mentioned
in programs and features/turn windows features on or off/games it should then install them.
Sony may have changed the images they use on the laptops so games can't be installed.

JUST INSANE
13-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Man i mean no disrespect but Windows Vista Business is for BUSINESS users that means they are not supposed to play games.

wainuitech
13-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Man i mean no disrespect but Windows Vista Business is for BUSINESS users that means they are not supposed to play games.
SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh the boss is comming hide :lol: :lol:

Maybe Sony are "Boss Friendly" - you are right though :thumbs:

MaXimus
13-11-2007, 10:57 PM

WTF are you talking about? I know it's not supposed to come with games since it's a Business Edition but GUESS WHAT!! IT DOES COME WITH games!! So all I'm asking is how can I add teh games to my OEM installation!! if you don't have something useful to set then get out of my thread and go home! :badpc:

matti_seikkula
16-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I have Vista Business and just toggled the games on:

1. Open Control Panel and click Uninstall a Program to launch Vista's Uninstall or
Change a Program Window. In the Tasks pane on the left, click Turn Windows
Features On or Off.
2. Check the list of features. Each feature is preceded by a checkbox which, if
filled, indicates the feature is installed. If you hover the mouse over a
feature, a help tooltip appears to tell you what it is.
3. See the Games folder - under it are 10 games currently toggled off, toggle
them on.

Worked for me:)

MaXimus
17-11-2007, 01:37 AM
It seems like you did not understand my question dude! I said I did the above steps~ but when I hit apply nothing happens, the games don't ACTUALLY get installed. coz i have a sony oem vista

Speedy Gonzales
17-11-2007, 06:25 AM
That might be the answer then. The OEM version doesnt have them.

BUT, according to this (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/footnotes.mspx)

G. Premium Windows Vista games, such as Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans, Purble Place, and Inkball, are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate.

MaXimus
17-11-2007, 02:15 PM
It's ok I downloaded the Vista built in games :)