PDA

View Full Version : mobo and graphics card prob

bluezone
11-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi there im having a problem getting the Redeon powercolour 9600pro 256mb graphics card to run om my 845gl/gv mobo running a 2.26hmz cpu and 512mb ram getting 1 gb soon. Mobo has 1 AGP 4x 8x slot and 2x PCI slots.

I have installed the card into the AGP slot and hooked up the power cable to it then started the pc up and windows has not found new hardware and when i install the drivers cd it cannot install as it cannot find the card. What do I have looked in the BIOS and was like ummm ok what to do. the mobo manual is ****.

Mobo: http://www.szbm.com/PRODUCT/images/865GV.jpg

Graphics card: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...n_1972_7301166
But my cards dark green

Graphics card is brand new mobo is in a demo pc in a shop brand new not used.

pctek
11-11-2007, 06:09 PM
9600pro
845gl/gv mobo
I have installed the card into the AGP slot windows has not found new hardware and when i install the drivers cd it cannot find the card.

Windows won't find new hardware because it doesn't care - it already found it and installed it as a generic VGA driver with standard low res settings.

So as far as its concerned theres nothing to worry about.

Just go to ATIs website and download the driver for your version of card and version of WIndows.

bluezone
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
its got a drivers cd but when i have the graphics card installed and pc startedup and try to run cd is says it cannot find the graphics card. and if i plug screen cable into the card i get nothing. the fan is going on it and thats it.

wainuitech
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I may be missing something here - is the Graphic Card actually displaying something on the screen ?
if i plug screen cable into the card i get nothing. the fan is going on it and thats it.

If its not then where are you getting this message below from please ?

i have the graphics card installed and pc startedup and try to run cd is says it cannot find the graphics card.

bluezone
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
if screen is connected to grphics card i get nothing black screen but if pluged into mobo screen plug screen goes.

cannot find anything to say that its installed and cannot install the drivers off cd

bluezone
01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok got going and everythings ok apart from the floppy drive the light on it is staying on and not showing in xp.

Speedy Gonzales
01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Its connected the wrong way round.

Turn the system off and connect the floppy cable properly.

Make sure the red / blue line (on the side of the cable), is going to pin 1 on the floppy and the mobo.

And make sure its enabled in the BIOS.

bluezone
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Sweet forgot about that lol. Thanks. going now thanks all. have overclocked from 2.66 to 2.87ghz going to try more soon as i get my other hdds.