PDA

View Full Version : How to use Windows Vista colour management for screen calibration

adaros
11-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Using Vista, how can I calibrate the screen of my laptop so that the colours look natural?

On default settings the blues and greens on my screen look washed-out.

This machine was upgraded from XP. With XP, there was a utility called "Adobe Gamma" which worked well, it set up a colour profile and it would load at startup. But this isn't compatible with Vista. You can use it but the screen keeps resetting itself all the time.

Anyone else hit this problem? Looks like MS have improved and enhanced the colour management in Vista, unfortunately that also seems to make it more complicated to set up!!

adaros
11-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I should clarify - the Upgrade from XP was actually a clean install of Vista. Just in case that makes any difference.

winmacguy
11-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Using Vista, how can I calibrate the screen of my laptop so that the colours look natural?

On default settings the blues and greens on my screen look washed-out.

This machine was upgraded from XP. With XP, there was a utility called "Adobe Gamma" which worked well, it set up a colour profile and it would load at startup. But this isn't compatible with Vista. You can use it but the screen keeps resetting itself all the time.

Anyone else hit this problem? Looks like MS have improved and enhanced the colour management in Vista, unfortunately that also seems to make it more complicated to set up!!

I have a feeling that Vista colour callibration is not as ideal as the Adobe Gamma in XP.
You may have to continue with the more complicated Vista method.