PDA

View Full Version : Music file for Irfanview slideshow

R.M.
10-11-2007, 02:17 PM
A couple of questions - probably for Speedy, who helps me out of pickles often!

I am making a slideshow with Irfanview.
1. Do I need to have just one music file to run with the slides, or can I use several music files?

2. If I just need one file (of say three different tunes) how can I cobble these together? With which program?

3. Anything else I should need to know?

As always - TIA. I appreciate the help I get here!

Cheers
R.M. :)

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Dont know about Irfanview, I dont use it.

I know Nero Express can do a slideshow, with Music and pics.

And then you can burn whatever to make a DVD, VCD, or SVCD.

BUT, for some options, you need the DVD video plugin.

Dont know if this gets installed with it, or not.

You could try this (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)

But, I dont know if it can do slideshows, never used it.

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2007, 02:49 PM
This should do it (http://www.photodex.com/)

But, its not free.

winmacguy
10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
You could edit the tunes together in Audacity which is free, although there is no good free software available for putting a slide show together with a sound track for Windows.
I just use iPhoto :)

That link you just posted looks pretty good for $49 Speedy :thumbs:

somebody
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
You could edit the tunes together in Audacity which is free, although there is no good free software available for putting a slide show together with a sound track for Windows.
I just use iPhoto :)

That link you just posted looks pretty good for $49 Speedy :thumbs:

Microsoft PhotoStory 3 (free, and quite powerful) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx

winmacguy
10-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Impressive, they are almost getting their sh*t together. Except that it doesn't mention music tracks from what I can see.
I'm just about to download it and have a look at it.

I gave up - Windows validation error - too hard, can't be bothered.:rolleyes: :p

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
What browser did u use WMG??

If FF 2.0.0.8, it may not have worked, coz theres a bug in it, which screwed Java and Flash up (which would also stuff validating in Windows).

winmacguy
10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
What browser did u use WMG??

If FF 2.0.0.8, it may not have worked, coz theres a bug in it, which screwed Java and Flash up (which would also stuff validating in Windows).

That would explain a few things thanks Speedy. FF is my browser of choice (despite the "miriad" of choices "offered" by IE and MS ;)
I will give it a whirl in MS's perferred browser.

Just having a "play" right now...... it's "ok" but I wouldn't cross the road to use it.

give me iPhoto ANY day

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2007, 03:42 PM
2.0.0.9 is out now, you can update it.

winmacguy
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
2.0.0.9 is out now, you can update it.

No problems, I have IE on Windows too :eek: :horrified :yuck:
I think I also got the latest FF updates but i will check. :thumbs:
Edit: Just checked, I have FF 2.0.0.9
I just discovered the music import option, I was about to give it 2 out of 10. :D

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Hm Proshow producer looks pretty good.

It can make an executable file, or you can burn the finished file to cd.

And you can use it as a screen saver (well its got a screensaver option in the menu).

somebody
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I used Photostory version 2 a while ago, which had a tool which you could use to generate music using built-in themes/loops. You could also simply use a pre-recorded track.

R.M.
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks for ALL the replies. :)

I use ProShow Gold myself (and more recently have used Picture To Exe as well) for making slideshows. I am 'helping' another bloke to put together a show - and suggested that Irfanview is a freeby that he could use. Then he said he wanted music... You know how it goes. And while I use Irfanview, I don't use it alot, and am not familiar will all it's facilities.

Using Audacity to cobble together the tunes seems a good option. Once I have that done, then the rest of the project should come together (we hope!).

I'll have to look at Audacity a bit more closely to work out how to do this. Any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks.

winmacguy
10-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks for ALL the replies. :)

I use ProShow Gold myself (and more recently have used Picture To Exe as well) for making slideshows. I am 'helping' another bloke to put together a show - and suggested that Irfanview is a freeby that he could use. Then he said he wanted music... You know how it goes. And while I use Irfanview, I don't use it alot, and am not familiar will all it's facilities.

Using Audacity to cobble together the tunes seems a good option. Once I have that done, then the rest of the project should come together (we hope!).

I'll have to look at Audacity a bit more closely to work out how to do this. Any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Speedy would be your best bet for tips on Audacity, I use iPhoto, iMovie and Garage Band myself. I just know that Audacity and Goldwave are suitable PC alternatives.

R.M.
10-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Yep - Select All, Copy & Paste works a treat! All 'Good to go'. :rolleyes: