PDA

View Full Version : Remote access failure

mezwill
10-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to develop an intranet. I am doing it by reading because i am new to such practices. In the intranet, there are domain controller, file server, RADIUS server, DNS server, VPN server and DHCP servers installed and configured.
A client computer running windows xp professional was also configured to get access to the intranet through the internet.

The result was this:
The client successfully connected to the VPN server but failed to get access to the file server. It couldn't get access to the files on the file server.

Please help me how to deal with this.

Erayd
10-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Can you give us some more details about your setup? What kind of access restrictions are you using on the file server (are you using radius or AD for access permissions?), how are you setting up routes on the VPN, what kind of VPN are you using etc. What do you mean by "can't connect" - do you mean there is no connectivity at all, or just restricted permissions?

What are you using for your file server - Windows Server 2000/2003? Samba?

I also strongly recommend you get a professional in to set this up - you shouldn't be messing with corporate networks if you don't know how to secure them properly.

mezwill
10-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Some more details:

All the servers are running windows server 2003 standard edition SP2. The necessary users and computers were added as members in the domain controller. Also, the domain controller is configured as DNS server and DHCP server.

Another computer running windows xp professional SP2 and a user were added as member computer and user, respectively, in the domain . the idea is such that the user to get access to the intranet remotely by verifying his/her user name and pass word. The file server acts only as the resource center - a given folder in the file server is shared among the members of the intranet. the VPN server is configured with the RRAS service and uses another RADIUS server for authenticating the users.

Now the problem is when the user tries to log in remotely (through the Internet) to the intranet, i get some errors. as i am making some changes to the configurations, the errors change from time to time. Currently, the error is:

error 930: the authentication server did not authenticate requests in a timely fashion.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Try this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227747)