PDA

View Full Version : Disable TV Out?

CYaBro
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM
As some of you may know I have been building a HTPC for myself (see sig below.)
A small problem that I am having is with the HTPC waking up from suspend/sleep/hibernate.
I am using an HDMI connection to the TV and this great! Can display 1920x1080i (TV can handle 1080p but the video card can't)
The problem is that if the TV is off and the PC wakes up to record something it defaults back to TV output via the S-video and then I have to re-setup the HDMI output and restart a couple of times to get this all working.

Is there a way to disable the s-video output and make the video card default to HDMI even if it doesn't detect the TV on HDMI?

The s-video TV output seems to be on all the time as even when the HDMI output is working it still thinks that it can display something via s-video even though there is nothing connected to it.
(For those that know the nVidia control panel under 'Setup Multiple Displays' it always shows TV as an option.)

Bantu
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
CYaBro maybe the blokes over on mediaportal forum can help with that one. Or the geekzone site

Cho
08-11-2007, 10:35 AM
not a very good solution but will work. don't let it hibernate. as in turn off all power saving features.

Bantu
08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Haha yes, I turn off all that hibernation stuff whenever i reinstall XP, it drives me nuts.

CYaBro
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Normally I would turn it all off but as this HTPC will be staying on 24x7 I thought it best to use the power saving functions.

Speedy Gonzales
08-11-2007, 04:09 PM
If youre using a normal monitor, as well turn it off.

If the signal is still going to the TV.

The power savings wont make any diff.

I doubt it'll make any diff to the TV, whether the power savings are enabled or disabled.

Since the TV will be on anyway.

And if noone is actually watching the TV when it records, whats the point in having it on?? It should still record. Turn the TV off.

CYaBro
08-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Yea the TV is off when a recording runs later at night and there is no other display attached to the computer.
For whatever reason though if the PC wakes up (or you turn it on) while the TV is off it defaults back to S-Video TV out and you then have setup the HDMI output again.
I'm going to try a DVD-HDMI adaptor and use the DVI port on the video card instead of the HDMI and see if that makes any difference.