PDA

View Full Version : Help - Problem with a simple website...

John W
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi there

Im the web manager for our local soccer club.

Ive redesigned our clunky website to the one currently on display

http://gijsc.co.nz/home/index.html but Im havig trouble working out why its taking so long for the progress bar to download the full page, even though all of the content is there, text, pictures etc.

The Server provider was in the habit of continually tinkering with the website without our approval, using div, css etc when I was more than happy with what was there.

Perhaps there are some hangovers from the old pages that I need to remove, but I can see in the index page code, what that might be.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

John in Mosgiel.

Jen
07-11-2007, 07:37 PM
That page loaded straight away for me with the page loading status bar showing complete.

Have you cleared out your cache?

bob_doe_nz
07-11-2007, 07:42 PM
No problems here.

wainuitech
07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice laid out site - Tried it in Firefox and Safari pages loaded instantly, main page did hang slightly in IE but nothing to worry about..

The Tabs Photo, History, Data and Links were all dead in all browsers.

Others worked fine.

John W
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
well, ive pressed F5, Shift F5 then went into Tolls - Internet Options and cleaned out everything in the History

Im still showing 1 item remaining in the bottom "footer" of IE7 with the continuing download circle rotating next to http tab on the webpage.

I notice that Im not getting the default pointed finger on the last 4 tab pages on the Menu row, phots, history, data, links..

So maybe there is something wrong there?

John.

Jen
07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I notice that Im not getting the default pointed finger on the last 4 tab pages on the Menu row, phots, history, data, links..

So maybe there is something wrong there?There is no active link on those end 4 tabs.

Have you tried CTRL-R on the page to force a hard refresh?

Are you using an IE add-ons such as ad-blockers?

John W
07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi there

Thanks for the tips, especialy Crtl + R.

Ive fixed the Tab links too.

But im Still getting "1 item remaining" on he Footer of the IE7 webpage.
Ive checked the Popup blocker, switched it off, as for Addins, ive about a Dozen there, dont know which one I should be switching on or off?

John.

Jen
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Apparently IE7 comes with a "no-addins" mode that you can try when troubleshooting browser problems.

You access it by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and System Tools. Select "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)"

Do you see the flash ad in the middle OK? Other than that, I can't see any element that would drag its toes to load.

BTW, most of your photos are missing from the photo page.

John W
07-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks Jen

I will fix the Photos problem tomorrow.

The problem was with the Flash image you mentioned, even though I created it in CS2, for some reason it was saved as a fla. file, though I had been woring in Flash earlier, maybe Id saved it inadvertantly as .fla instead of .jpg

Anyway the problem is fixed.
:-)

Thanks to all.

John.

beeswax34
07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Works fine, in fact it loaded up really quickly (FF 2.0.0.9)