PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Issues

SgtAllen
06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, I guess that It's not really monitor issues since the monitor itself works great.

Heres my problem. I have all of my power cables connected, both HD's, CD drive, 20pin Mobo connector and 4pin cpu power connector. Ide to both hd's and the CD drive are plugged into the mobo as well. When i turn the computer on i get a "No signal imput" on my monitor, and the harddrives do not even begin to start up. All of the fans turn on, and all of the lights turn on, even the one on the CD drive.

If i unplug the slave HD, the Master will whirr when the computer is turned on, but still no signal to monitor. If i unplug the master and leave the slave, the same happens.

I have tried plugging into the mobo directly via the vga port on the mobo, and tried 2 agp slot gfx cards, and a pci slot gfx card just to see if it was a bad agp slot.

The monitor works on MY computer (note the computer with problems is the one im building for my mother for christmas)

I thought that it could be issues with the power supply being bad, I.E. bad wiring, but i plugged in my new 700w Ultra PSU and still the same luck. Any help would be appreciated and if you need more info please ask.

OH P.S. If i remove the ram from the mobo, it does NOT beep on attempted startup.

-Sarge

wainuitech
06-11-2007, 04:15 PM
How old is the Motherboard / PC ?

Try remove all additional cards, including Graphic's ,printers external devices (except the keyboard/mouse and Moniter) attach only 1 HD and Optical drive, work from the VGA on the Motherboard.

If it doesn't show any signs of life, with the PC off double check the CPU is seated correctly.

Done the RAM test so ne need to do that again.

If the CPU is seated correctly, and still no joy, remove the CMOS battery, leave it around 10- 15 minutes, put it back and see if it boots, if Not it sounds like the MB may be faulty.

SgtAllen
06-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I do believe it may be a faulty Mobo, I got the harddrive to sound like it was booting correctly, jerked my head up and slammed into my keyboard tray only to find the monitor still had "No Signal" sitting there taunting me. I removed the battery at a friends request about an hour ago, and tried that as well to no avail.

I was really not looking forward to buying a new Mobo, as this one was purchased less than a year ago. Old board style but it was a new mobo. Called Asus and they told me my power supply was bad and it had nothing to do with the mobo. When i replied that the PSU powered my much MUCH higher demanding computer still and had no problems he told me that it was the harddrive... so I hung up.

-Sarge

iwalmsley
06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
What results do you get from the POST test? - For those that dont know, this is the beep you get when you turn your computer on, the one single beep you hear almost every time you boot up is the "OK" signal.

A variety of different beep codes tell you what is wrong, you can google POST codes for a list of them. Its a lot like mose code really.

motorbyclist
06-11-2007, 11:58 PM
sounds like faulty mobo:2cents:

SgtAllen
07-11-2007, 02:05 AM
No Beep's at all when the computer is turned on. Even unplugged, airdusted, and replugged in the speaker just to make sure it was getting a good connection, didnt get a beep after that either. I guess something was damaged on the mobo between the comp it was in and the one its in now. Which is really dissapointing because it was a nice mobo and had really easy BIOS.

-Jake

FoxyMX
07-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Sounds like the mobo. When I had a dud CPU the fans would only spin for a second before stopping and no lights came on either.

Try taking the board out of the case, put it on an anti-static surface and fire it up with only the bare essentials plugged in.